2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

It's pretty clear that Sean Payton doesn't know how to deal with goal line situations because he really never thinks about employing the running game. At the end of the day they probably didn't have any other short yardage play in their arsenal because they never expect to need one.

Yeah, I don't understand how you can call that play after being stuffed on so many short yardage plays all game long. I'm not so sure a bootleg was the answer either because that didn't work when they tried that but it was clear that a straight up dive wasn't going to work.

Tim Hasselbeck brought up a great point on Mike and Mike. They went 79 yards in what, a minute? And then they completely changed the pace of their game by bringing in the big boys. He didn't say the run was a bad call, and I don't think it was either, but perhaps they should have kept things more spread out like they had done all the way down the field. Make them think Brees was going to throw and let Ingram take it up and in on a delayed draw. They just completely stopped any and all momentum they had built up to that point by bringing out their goalline offense.

First Sunday of the year and the Houston-Indy matchup is without both Manning and Foster. I think at the end of the day, Ward will have close to the same production the Texans would have gotten out of Foster but the game comes down to how frequently Schaub and Johnson can connect.

Sunny day in Baltimore, thunderstorms after the game ends. It's a shame, Ravens-Steelers should never be played under nice conditions.

Vince Young out for the Eagles, so hopefully for them this isn't the game where Vick gets his annual injury.

Michael Hoomanawanui inactive today, so we have to wait at least another week to see his awesome last name crowd up the back of the Rams jersey.

Jason Witten got a $37 million extension to essentially keep him a Cowboy for life. Polamalu got a 4-year extension to keep him a Steeler for life, and it happened at the airport yesterday (Steelers don't negotiate during the season).

still think they should have went with Painter, the Texans are wrecking them though 34-0 at the half. I've always like Schaub, Andre, and Daniels so I hope they do pull it off this year.

surprised the Falcons aren't doing better against the Bears...

Edited by mystikz

As somebody who's openly rooted against Pissburgh for a few seasons now, taking my first look at the CBS NFL page and seeing the Ravens up 29-7 makes my heart grow three sizes.

And my knob.

I think that's what you meant to say :shifty:

Having the Steelers D and Arian Foster is not working out so well for me today.

I was nervous going into this game, but our O has looked more competent than expected and our D hasn't given up very many big plays to the Falcons. So far it's been nice to watch a Bears football game and not be angry, hopefully this is something that continues throughout the season.

EDIT: I really like what Nick Reed has been doing, looks to be a solid depth addition for us and hopefully stays on in either a rotation player or special teamer.

Edited by CM X

As somebody who's openly rooted against Pissburgh for a few seasons now, taking my first look at the CBS NFL page and seeing the Ravens up 29-7 makes my heart grow three sizes.

And my knob.

I think that's what you meant to say :shifty:

Having the Steelers D and Arian Foster is not working out so well for me today.

Nah, I expected that.