2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

I'm not bothered if they wanna call them the World Champions, I highly doubt the London Blitz are going to be demanding a match with the Giants to prove who the REAL World Champions are any time soon are they?

They bloody well should though.

• Like 1

I think the very basic point is they're not "World Champions" it isn't a world championship and it isn't a world competition..

Best american football team in the world, yes. Obviously right now they are. But they haven't won a world championship, they've won the Superbowl.

Yeah, they couldn't call the ROH Title Belt a world championship until it was defended in Japan. Get on it, NFL, Super Bowl Tokyo.

Has anyone pointed out that the Patriots haven't won anything since Spygate yet? If not, someone should.

No, they really shouldn't. How is several division championships and an AFC Championship in 4 years (one of which with a 2nd string QB) not 'anything'?

If Spygate really was the secret to their success, this game wouldn't have been as close (let alone they probably wouldn't have been there). The Patriots could have easily won the game but they didn't because of a few plays that just didn't happen. All the superbowls the Patriots won could have easily went the other way as well. It's not like the Pats were destroying teams left and right for 7 years straight.

Edited by Universal
  • Like 1

http://espn.go.com/b...erst-super-bowl

Pretty minor stuff, which is refreshing after the Vancouver shitstorm last spring.

I'm not sure where this fits in:

Marissa Faldasz, a junior whose dorm room looks out over where students gathered, said they were chanting "U.S.A., U.S.A.," and throwing beer cans and toilet paper rolls.
Edited by munky

Well that game marked the end of my first full season as an NFL fan (the first game I ever watched being last years Superbowl), and it was one of the best games I've seen yet. Both teams were strong; and Eli is so cool under pressure it's actually scary. I think I also had a series of minor heart-attacks during the final hail-mary at the end and the resulting scramble.

Now to try and remember what I used to do on Sunday nights before the NFL came along. Six months is a looong time to wait.

Sky Sports is reporting a winge about MIA swearing at half time, with the NFL blaming NBC not having enough of a delay. I noticed but assumed it was meant to be there, since it rhymed...

She said shit, but it was censored. Or is the problem her flipping the bird when she said it?

I see as usual, the English guys keep up their rep of being the worst sports fans ever. I get it, they're not world champions. Starts to grate after hearing it, oh, every year. No one cares.

Great game, Michaels calling Collinsworth out on the "Welker makes that catch 100 out of 100 times" was brilliant. Eli will get in the hall, Coughlin should too - he's something like 5-1 or 6-0 against Belicheck, and he's assumed to be the greatest football mind of this generation.

Anyone else watching the BBC think Danny Amendola acted very much like a guy who's been concussed multiple times? The head tilting, foot shaking and run-on sentences that didn't really go anywhere. Bit disturbing really. Unless he was just stoned, I guess.

I don't get people blaming Gronk for the Blackburn interception, it was a great defensive effort for him to even be up there, and Brady underthrew it.

• Like 1

I was rooting for the Giants and I know most people dislike the Patriots, but when they showed Kraft reacting to the last play and look up, seemingly saying something to his wife, it was tough for me. I imagine the team wanted to win (and it was mentioned many times) for his wife and damn, it sucked seeing that expression on his face.

• Like 1

The amazing thing about the Giants two SB runs is how similar the stretch runs were down to beating a relatively mediocre team in the 1st round, knocking off Green Bay at Green Bay and Brady getting stomach punched in the big game. After seeing the replays, it's amazing how the Welker drop was basically the same thing that happened when Tony Romeo missed a wide open Miles Austin a few weeks ago.

The best thing about today though is the fact that Rex Ryan can't say a word about who owns this city ever again. Suck it tubby!

• Like 1

The amazing thing about the Giants two SB runs is how similar the stretch runs were down to beating a relatively mediocre team in the 1st round, knocking off Green Bay at Green Bay and Brady getting stomach punched in the big game. After seeing the replays, it's amazing how the Welker drop was basically the same thing that happened when Tony Romeo missed a wide open Miles Austin a few weeks ago.

The best thing about today though is the fact that Rex Ryan can't say a word about who owns this city ever again. Suck it tubby!

Ehh, different situations. Romo overthrew Austin and Austin lost track of where the ball was going. Welker had it in his hands.

I see as usual, the English guys keep up their rep of being the worst sports fans ever. I get it, they're not world champions. Starts to grate after hearing it, oh, every year. No one cares.

Discussion is bad? And Dukes has already claimed that accolade for his country. For life.

fuckingammocopy.jpg

I don't think any (not including obvious troll) body meant it negatively. More of just a general statement. They're the Superbowls winners. And yes, they're clearly the best team around.. but nothing they've won is a world championship.. I don't see how people saying that - when they're being called world champs - is an issue. If people can come in and here and shout "WORLD CHAMPIONS!" then people can come in and say "Wait, what, really?". There's nothing wrong with being the Superbowl winners and the best team in the world. I don't see why a faux-world champs accolade needs to be stuck on.

• Like 2