FIFA and Pro Evo, the debate.

Summers

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which will you be buying?

So, most of us will have tried both demo's now. Figured it makes more sense to 'compare' the two new ones in a new thread, as opposed to the individual game threads.

My simple, yet confusing, line of thought seems to be that FIFA feels like the better game but Pro Evo (which is miles better than last years) feels much more fun. I think I'll go end up going for Pro right now.

I really don't want to be switching back to Pro after taking the last couple of years getting used to FIFA.

The Pro demo, although the game looked amazing, I just couldn't get into it, and was pretty bored playing it.

The FIFA demo, looks amazing also, but right now this new defencive system sucked a whole lot of fun out of it. But since my heart is set on FIFA 12, im gonna play the demo some more to try and get used to the defencive system.

These days? FIFA for sure, back on the PS2 it was all about Pro Evo, but it has struggled with the latest generation and FIFA took it's best ideas and implemented them with all the licenses they have, which made for a better all round game.

Plus, Pro Clubs on FIFA is the best idea for a sports game mode ever.

Was all about Pro Evo, defected to FIFA in 11 so I could play online with friends, didn't, didn't really enjoy the game, probably go back to PES.

The thing that bugs me about football games is no matter how shit the team you are playing with is, you can always knock it round effortlessly like Barcelona. When I'm Bray Wanderers in the Eircom league, I shouldn't average 92% pass completion.

If this was a few years ago I would say PES by a mile but ever since PES 2008, Fifa just took over for me with FIFA 09 and i've never looked back since. I just think FIFA is the overall better game in terms of visuals and gameplay. While it'll take awhile to get used to the new defending system I think it's a great idea and really PES demos haven't just cut it. I blame PES 2008 for why I stopped loving PES.

There's just something about Fifa that seems... off? I can't put my finger on it, though. I love the new defending, the close control and cutesy passes lead to some good build up.. I just can't get into it that much. Like I said, I think I'm just looking for fun. And even though I'm currently not very good at the new Pro, I see more fun in it than I see in Fifa.

Goalkeepers seem to have a chequered past with PES. I bought 09 again recently and nearly every shot gets spilt. Then I think in 4, which was very good otherwise, if you shot right at the corner of the net, the goalkeeper wouldn't even move.

As for this year, neither. I played PES on PS2 and then got interested in FIFA with 09, bought 10 and 11. I had PES 6, 08 and 09 but 09 rubbed me the wrong way and I sold it. I just don't feel like there's enough new stuff in FIFA to warrant purchasing it again. That and I wasn't impressed with their handiling of the game after it's release the past year or two. Lots of bugs and what not that went by unfixed because, hey, it's been a month since release, time to move on to 12. That and clubs was 90% of what I played on FIFA the past couple of years and certain people have seen to it that I probably wouldn't be playing it much this year. :shifty:

PES, the first demo was ok, haven't tried the second but nothing really wowed me and I just don't feel like picking up a footy game this year.

Hopefully by the new year I will have a new PC capable of running FM at a decent pace. Even though i've 'played' it in the past few years, it hasn't been for long caus it takes ages to get anywhere and it annoys me to find hours have passed but i've barely played any games.

Pro for sure, while it's only a demo, it's shaping up to be the best football game I've played on the next gen consoles by far.

I'll say that Fifa does seem better than I thought, but I still really cant get back into the game. I just get a little bored after a while and it all feels a little samey, whereas with Pro it's just a blast, always challenging and despite the odd few mistakes, feels much more realistic.

Plus Pro has MLO, which outshines pretty much anything Fifa has to offer. I'll be getting it on the release date, might give Fifa a rent at some point.

On previous generation systems (PS2), I constantly bought PES but since next gen systems I still think PES has been left behind by FIFA for sure.

This years PES still doesn't feel as free-flowing as FIFA, it still has a robotic feel to it as I think it has done since the first PES on next gen consoles. Goalkeepers are a big issue for me as they just don't seem to hold onto anything, and the animations look a little dated. Not saying goalkeepers on FIFA are perfect, but they are more likely to make impressive saves.

I for one don't play single player on football games, so the single player modes make no difference to me. FIFA still feels like the more fluid, fun and action packed game so I'll be sticking with FIFA again.