The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

Anyone play 3 without doing the Arrival DLC? I just finished 2 and I am so excited to play 3 but I havent done the Arrival in this playthrough and would love to just skip it if it doesnt change anything. I've played it before so it's not like I am wasting it. Just wanting to know if I can go ahead and move on or if I need to do it.

I didn't play Arrival before starting ME3, I was cool. The intro cut scene just changes, that's all. Instead of being on trial for the events of Arrival, you're just relieved of duty and put under house arrest for working for Cerberus.

I didn't play Arrival before starting ME3, I was cool. The intro cut scene just changes, that's all. Instead of being on trial for the events of Arrival, you're just relieved of duty and put under house arrest for working for Cerberus.

I have not seen a trial. o_O The game just started the same way the demo did. :crying: Buggy game on PS3 i guess.

Again a great reason not to play Mass Effect on anything else than PC.

So would be x controlling everything... but i am enjoying myself even if i liked the controls of ME1 on my Mac better. Sadly that thing is early 2008 so not really a gaming machine.

Meh. I want the full experience. I'll try and do the arrival tonight and start this tomorrow. I am so mad though. First time I played everyone survived but this time Jack died :( Hope she wasnt too cool in 3 because I wont get to see her.

You could always replay the suicide mission over again. In one of my playthroughs Tali died but I restarted the mission and she lived. In my renegade playthrough Kelly Chambers and Engineer Daniels didn't make it and neither did most of the Ceberus crew.

Spoiler regarding the story in ME3

I saved everyone in ME2 in my Paragon playthrough but I never encountered Kelly Chambers in ME3, did anyone encounter her?

Edited by Don Ready Slacker

I saved everyone in ME2 in my Paragon playthrough but I never encountered Kelly Chambers in ME3, did anyone encounter her?

If she survived ME2, Kelly Chambers is in the refugee camp on the Citadel.

If she survived ME2, Kelly Chambers is in the refugee camp on the Citadel.

I just read that you had to have had dinner with her in the second game for her to appear in the camp. Which I didn't so that explains why she never appeared in my game.

As mentioned in my status update a few days ago, I got about 30 hours into the game before I wound up deciding to start over again. Hit the Citadel: Hanar Diplomat mission and got the bug where you can't move forward in the mission because I visited the Normandy during it. Tried to reload a older quicksave but apparently I'd accidentally quicksaved while doing the mission, so that was no help. Until they put out a patch for it I'm pretty much out of luck so hey, replaying the first 30 hours.

Really not that bad though, being honest. Changed a few decisions here and there, loaded up the N7 weapons I forgot to get in my first attempt, and I also was able to make a Shepard that looks much closer to mine in ME2 than my first attempt at it. That's another bug I wish they'd have fixed already, thinking of it-- would have been nice to have a successful conversion, but since I've brought mine from ME1 to ME2 to ME3, apparently it corrupts something in the process. Ah well.

So yeah, still loving the game. Can't wait to recruit Javik again and give him the Collector's gun, he was ripping shit to pieces with that thing.