The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

8 hours ago, Happy HoLintdays said:

Started to play Mass Effect on my PC and god, its like slipping into an old, familiar pair of shoes.  I don't know if they changed ME1 much in the remaster to make it more "in line" with ME2 and 3, but I always did remember that I liked the combat in ME1 more then ME2 and 3.

And the Mako...how I just love your janky physics!  "That a sheer vertical wall, but if I drive at a slight angle, its no problem!"

Are you playing the original or the remastered version? I found the remaster of 1 to be really good. The Mako still has janky physics, but its smooths it a little. Combat feels a touch more like it does in later games. 

3 hours ago, DFF said:

Are you playing the original or the remastered version? I found the remaster of 1 to be really good. The Mako still has janky physics, but its smooths it a little. Combat feels a touch more like it does in later games. 

I'm playing the remastered version.

I decided to play a little different then I used to.  I'm still badass mostly renegade but sometimes paragon FemShep, but instead of romancing my hot blue alien waifu Liara, I'd romance...Kaiden.  Mostly because he's the only option, since Garrus will always be the cool spacebro to me.

WEll that is until it got to the point where I remembered Kaiden is speciesist as fuck.  Dude basically straight up hates aliens.  Fuck that dude FemShep, but not literally.  Back to blue waifu for me!

4 hours ago, Happy HoLintdays said:

WEll that is until it got to the point where I remembered Kaiden is speciesist as fuck.  Dude basically straight up hates aliens.  Fuck that dude FemShep, but not literally.  Back to blue waifu for me!

Is Kaiden speciesist too? I thought that was just Ashley. To be fair, I never romanced the dude. But from the non-romantic interactions I had with him, he seems to be pretty chill. 

10 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

Is Kaiden speciesist too? I thought that was just Ashley. To be fair, I never romanced the dude. But from the non-romantic interactions I had with him, he seems to be pretty chill. 

Yea, when it comes to aliens, Kaiden and Ashley are basically a gender swap

IIRC, Kaidan is only xenophobic if you make him that way as a FemShep conversation option. He flat out initially doesn't think that humans deserve a place on the council yet, and disagrees with what the ambassador is doing. As mentioned it's conversations that you take with him as a FemShep that can cause him to become more pro-humanity - if you don't do this, he'll even lobby for saving the Council at the end of the game versus saving all the humans.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Damn, I don't pass the checks in ME3 to broker peace between the quarians and the geth...ME3 spoilers

Spoiler

Welp, sorry quarians, ya'll had a nice run but, logically, it makes more sense to let the geth continue.  Sorry to see Tali kill herself afterwards, but its a necessary sacrifice for the betterment of the galaxy

7 hours ago, Lint said:

Damn, I don't pass the checks in ME3 to broker peace between the quarians and the geth...ME3 spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I had the same at the time, having the Paragon option pop up thinking you could save her makes it infinitely worse. Surprised I didn't save scum that one.

15 hours ago, King Ellis said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I was gonna try and save scum, but then I read part of it depends on a choice you made in ME2.  I can't remember the specific one, but I do know I made the opposite choice.  I'd have to replay ME2 to be able to do it.

Not that that won't happen.  Might start the series over as MaleShep and romance Tali.  Never played as a MaleShep before

8 minutes ago, Lint said:

I was gonna try and save scum, but then I read part of it depends on a choice you made in ME2.  I can't remember the specific one, but I do know I made the opposite choice.  I'd have to replay ME2 to be able to do it.

Not that that won't happen.  Might start the series over as MaleShep and romance Tali.  Never played as a MaleShep before

Spoiler

The only conditions for broker peace between Geth and Quarians that are tied to ME2 are that both Legion and Tali survive the suicide mission. Other than that, 80% of your reputation bar need to be filled and you have to complete the Rannoch: Geth Fighter Squadrons mission before doing Priority: Rannoch. Did you let Legion die?

1 hour ago, Hellraiser said:
  Hide contents

The only conditions for broker peace between Geth and Quarians that are tied to ME2 are that both Legion and Tali survive the suicide mission. Other than that, 80% of your reputation bar need to be filled and you have to complete the Rannoch: Geth Fighter Squadrons mission before doing Priority: Rannoch. Did you let Legion die?

Hidden Point System

In addition to the prerequisites, Mass Effect 3 uses a hidden point system to determine if peace is possible. The player must earn a minimum of 5 points based on actions in Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. Players gain points by doing the following:

+2 if the Admirals acquitted Tali at her trial in Mass Effect 2

+2 if Shepard destroyed the Geth Heretics during Legion: A House Divided in Mass Effect 2

+1 if Shepard used a Paragon/Renegade option to resolve the confrontation between Legion and Tali in Mass Effect 2

+1 for completing the mission Rannoch: Admiral Koris in Mass Effect 3

+1 for choosing to save Admiral Koris in Mass Effect 3

#2 I don't remember, and #4 and 5 I didn't even do

24 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:

I totally forgot about the point system. I had to do all of them because I decided to do the opposite of #2 in ME2. 

Yea, I'm pretty sure I did #1 and #3.  #2 I did the opposite I'm pretty sure.  And, again, I didn't even do #4 or 5 because I wasn't aware they'd be vital.

It just gives me another excuse to play though the ME series again...

Just started ME1 again.  Instead of "badass renegade FemShep" I'm playing "Ultimate Boyscout MaleShep", choosing every paragon option I get, or responses that sound positive

• Like 1

• 1 year later...