The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

4 hours ago, Subject Delta said:

Tbf, the name Sovereign is just the name Saren gives to it. I think its real name begins with an N IIRC.

If you activate Legion and allow him to stay on the Normandy in ME2, he tells you that the it identifies itself to the Geth as Nazara. 

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hellraiser said:

If you activate Legion and allow him to stay on the Normandy in ME2, he tells yo that the it identifies itself to the Geth as Nazara. 

That's the one! I was going to say Nebuchadnezzar but I remembered that was the name of the ship in The Matrix :lol:

Trophies for ME2 are still glitched for me on PS5. No trophies show up when I press the PS button on the controller - before, it was only the trophies I had left for ME1.

56 minutes ago, tristy said:

Trophies for ME2 are still glitched for me on PS5. No trophies show up when I press the PS button on the controller - before, it was only the trophies I had left for ME1.

They are a seperatr set. They don't load until you start playing ME2 and possibly earn one. I assume you've already done that so I'm probably not helping, but just in case you weren't aware.

6 minutes ago, Subject Delta said:

They are a seperatr set. They don't load until you start playing ME2 and possibly earn one. I assume you've already done that so I'm probably not helping, but just in case you weren't aware.

Yeah I've already gotten like 35% of the trophies for ME2 so.. :P It was still showing the few ME1 trophies I had left while I was like 5 hours into the second game. Then I decided to go back to ME1 and get 100%, did it, went back to the sequel and now nothing pops up except for the "Official news" card. It's weird. Not a super big issue, most of the trophies for these games are story related with a handful being power based, but it's nice to know what I need to get still.

Realized after doing it that Bring Down the Sky was the DLC for ME1 and now I probably won't need to buy any armor for a loong time

I would do the few "loyalty" missions for your crew (finding Wrex' family armor, hunting the organ harvester that Garrus is searching and getting the Geth data for Tali), the string of missions featuring Ceberus as well as the DLC mission. But the rest can be skipped. 

Edited by Hellraiser

24 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I happened upon Wrex's armor randomly but how do you get the other "loyalty" missions?

Garrus just tells you about it on the Normandy when you ask him about his history with C-Sec.

For Tali and the Geth data you have to travel to the Armstrong Nebula and you will get an assignment from Admiral Hackett who tells you to destroy 4 Geth Outposts in the system. Alternatively you can that assignment by hacking a Geth terminal in the ExoGeni building on Feros or the genophage lab on Virmire. After taking out the outposts, you will be send to a planet in the Glossum system where the Geth's base of operation for the outposts is. After cleaning that place out, you can find the Geth data on an encrypted terminal you need to hack. You can give the data to Tali when you're back on the ship. She will use it to complete her pilgrimage. 

I don't think either Kaidan, Ashley or Liara have any "loyalty" assignments. 

• Thanks 1

I have finally beaten Mass Effect 1, only took 3 tries over the course of 14 years!  It’s amazing they shipped it with that much Mako shit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

I have finally beaten Mass Effect 1, only took 3 tries over the course of 14 years!  It’s amazing they shipped it with that much Mako shit.

Maybe I'll realize this when I play it again, but I don't remember hating the Mako stuff as much as everyone else did

6 hours ago, Lint said:

Maybe I'll realize this when I play it again, but I don't remember hating the Mako stuff as much as everyone else did

Same, I don't remember the differences with how each game handled the mako but I distinctly remember not feeling anywhere near as much hate for it at the time as most people seemed to.

It gets really fuckin’ old trying to climb mountains in the Mako just to scan a deposit of resources or whatever. Plus it’s kinda buggy in the Legendary edition. I much prefer the vehicle they give you in ME2, and it’s not used even half as much as the Mako was in the original game.

Edited by tristy
  • Like 1

For me it was also just how much they chose to use the Mako.  It was fine for planet explanation, I get its purpose there, but it really wore on me when you had to drive it endlessly towards Geth bases in story missions.  And I skipped over a ton of planet explanation to just finish the story quickly. 

• Like 1