The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

So for anyone who has finished/has looked it up, do the APEX missions impact the ending in any way? I plan to do literally everything available in the game.. just wondered if I should do them before the final mission too or if another time will be fine?

20 hours ago, Avenged said:

So for anyone who has finished/has looked it up, do the APEX missions impact the ending in any way? I plan to do literally everything available in the game.. just wondered if I should do them before the final mission too or if another time will be fine?

They have zero effect on the game.  Aside from getting you credits/resources/crafting materials, they have no impact at all.

Not sure what system you play on, but I'd actually recommend avoiding them for now, or using the mobile/tablet app.  In game, sometimes when you try to choose the team to see the results, the game will lock up. 

One time, my experience checking the APEX results went

"Ok, check team 1...oh game locked up!  Close out game...

Restarted game...check team 2....game locked up!  Close out game....

Check team 3....locked up!  Close out...note to self, check all teams through APEX HQ app from now on...."

But yea, unlike ME3 where they made the multiplayer an important aspect of getting the best ending, APEX has no impact on the end game

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw that Bioware is putting Mass Effect on hold for a while because Andromeda didn't go as well as they hoped. I am pissed about that but I guess I can deal with it if they make some other good games. This better not mean they aren't doing any DLC for Andromeda though. Fuck that!

I can't say I'm surprised. The reception was very Dragon Age 2-esque. Hopefully this just means they get more focus on what the next step is. As much as I liked Andromeda, the gameplay was a step back from ME 2 and 3 (as much as people mock cover based shooters, they are popular for a reason, the chaos of this just didn't work for it), and whilst the story was a step up from 3 if you takeaway the previous investment, it wasn't anywhere near 2.

Edited by Benji
  • Like 2

My wife just finished the game today, she said it was anti-climatic, which is kinda sad. And really disappointing, because she is the biggest Mass Effect fan I know (she named one of our cats Tali). So it doubly sucks that the series is being shelved for the time being (although, it might be a good thing).

Eventually I'll get back into the game, likely after I'm finished Persona 5 (I'm 75 hours in, I gotta be nearing the end)

15 hours ago, Ruki said:

My wife just finished the game today, she said it was anti-climatic, which is kinda sad. And really disappointing, because she is the biggest Mass Effect fan I know (she named one of our cats Tali). So it doubly sucks that the series is being shelved for the time being (although, it might be a good thing).

Eventually I'll get back into the game, likely after I'm finished Persona 5 (I'm 75 hours in, I gotta be nearing the end)

I just finished it this morning and didn't feel that way at all. 

• Like 1

I felt the final fight was anti-climactic, I still want a big boss fight (the Saren and Human/Reaper hybrid are two of my favourite boss battles ever), and I hate it only being a chaotic fight. The ending itself was fine, much like ME3 retrospectively, I played ME for the journey more than the ending, though a better ending would be lovely.

I'm not a fan of boss fights where you face one OP Super enemy, unless they've been built to be a super threat.

Spoiler

Archon wasn't on the level of Saren, just a bloke. If they hadn't have hard architects throughout the game, then fighting the one he controlled would have been worthwhile.

when I say end though, I refer to everything from the PONR onwards. Speeding through Meridian with all that cool shit happening was awesome. They way the whole crew were in the last fight and not just your trio was nice too.

Yeah I thought the ending was great. It was obviously meant as the first part of another trilogy though so I'm not sure how you can really call it anti climactic. It settled what was going on and set you up for the next game. I get not liking the lack of a boss fight if that's your thing or whatever but it made more sense the way it was presented I thought.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2017 at 14:55, New Year New Srar! said:

Yeah I thought the ending was great. It was obviously meant as the first part of another trilogy though so I'm not sure how you can really call it anti climactic. It settled what was going on and set you up for the next game. I get not liking the lack of a boss fight if that's your thing or whatever but it made more sense the way it was presented I thought.

See, while I really loved the end of the game, I felt the last fight was VERY anti-climatic. 

I didn't really have an issue with the final battle...fighting off The Remnant while the Archon was building his power before he eventually lost.  My issue was, after the events of the game, I REALLY wanted to see The Archon shot in the head.  Maybe not me...maybe let my brother do it.  But to just see The Archon fall to the floor dead was just a "...THATS IT?!?!?!" moment for me

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lint said:

See, while I really loved the end of the game, I felt the last fight was VERY anti-climatic. 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yeah I wasn't bothered by it but I totally expected to walk up to the barely alive Archon deliver a one liner and then shoot him too

I would have liked a post-game wrap up like "Hey, this is what your choices caused" kind of thing. Also, I laughed when I realized...

The the human homeworld is now on the planet that controls the lives of every other planet.

• 2 months later...

Jesus has their stock dropped that much? Mass Effect was one of my favourite modern franchises, I haven't got round to Andromeda yet but it can't be that bad surely? Is it even worth playing it now? :/

EA's involvement completely screwed the series. They came aboard after ME2 was finished so ME3's rushed ending apparently was due to their involvement and then Andromeda, while on paper a great idea sort of fell apart because of re-writes and deadlines, which screams of EA.

I just read that article as "there's going to be no single player dlc or anything additional" for this game rather than them scrapping the whole trilogy?