The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

The wife is currently playing and I watched for about an hour.

Combat is a LOT faster than before. The melee attacks seem to lack heft. But I am liking the look of it so far. (Also, apparently the controls are super sensitive, she suggests dropping the sensitivity a notch)

Lots of the review in progress and trial players have painted a very very dodgy picture of Mass Effect. Bad animations, bad voice acting, bad looking characters with soulless eyes and weird bloated faces complete with other weirdness. It has put me off quite a bit, certainly not going to day-1 this now.

Honestly I haven't noticed any animation issues but I haven't been looking for anything like that. One thing I will say is I thought the character customisation looks really dodgy, so much so that as soon as I saw my character in game I had to quite and start over again as the default female Ryder.

9 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Lots of the review in progress and trial players have painted a very very dodgy picture of Mass Effect. Bad animations, bad voice acting, bad looking characters with soulless eyes and weird bloated faces complete with other weirdness. It has put me off quite a bit, certainly not going to day-1 this now.

You play mass effect for the story right? Not for the graphics? 

And when I played the first Mass Effect I felt the game sucked bad the first few hours, but you have to get deeper into the game to really see the world for what it is. 

10 hours ago, New Year New Srar! said:

Screw it I'll use my 5 hours to randomly explore stuff on the planet. It's not like I have to stop playing I just can't go past a certain door

So, they limit how far you can go into early access? 

• Like 2

Played about 2 hours of the trial on Origin Access. Game looks really nice on ultra, few jerky animations but Mass Effect has hardly been known for it's animations anyway. Really enjoyed what I played anyway and pretty sure I'll be buying it.