The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

I seriously want a Mass Effect MMO, with Turians as a playable option. Or a new game with either Garrus or Grunt as the lead character.

They've said there may be more games set in the Mass Effect universe, but won't be about Shepard. Doesn't mean they can't do games about the other characters, does it?

They've said there may be more games set in the Mass Effect universe, but won't be about Shepard. Doesn't mean they can't do games about the other characters, does it?

I suppose they could if they wanted to. But I doubt it. BioWare Action RPGs these days usually are about bilding your own character and seing how the descision you make affect the world around you depending on how you play said character. I don't think playin gpreexisting characters fits that concept. I'd wager the closest we will get to seeing Shepard's crew is either if they make cameos or if they'll do a spin-off series.

Edited by Hellraiser

I'm hoping that they'll do a Mass Effect HD collection for the Next-Gen Console at some point. But only if it included all the DLC.

That would be glorious, and an instant purchased for me. I don't really use my 360 any more, so a PS4 HD trilogy pack would be perfect.

• Like 2

I'm hoping that they'll do a Mass Effect HD collection for the Next-Gen Console at some point. But only if it included all the DLC.

That would be glorious, and an instant purchased for me. I don't really use my 360 any more, so a PS4 HD trilogy pack would be perfect.

Same, especially if it included a working ME3 multiplayer.

Also: I'd give fucking anything for them to update the combat in ME1. You can keep everything else, but holy shit the reticles and handling of weapons sucks. That shit needs to be tightened the fuck up.

Weird coincidence this thread got bumped, since I was contemplating starting a new play through just yesterday.

I'm pretty much always thinking of this, then I realize I have a back catalogue of stuff to play and get caught in whatever game. Usually a few hours into whatever game I may be playing I come back to thinking about how I'd really like to play Mass Effect but convince myself I need to make progress through the catalogue and thus the cycle continues.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I'm about 12 or 13 hours into my fresh run of ME1. Looking at possibly getting all the ally, level 60, and use ___ 75 times achievements, but all the side missions are just grinding on me already. I'll probably end up doing 2 full playthroughs of this game and move onto ME2, because three back to back playthroughs for the ally achievements might drive me up the wall.

• 7 months later...

Cameron Harris, who had been working on Mass Effect 4, announced she was leaving the studio via Twitter.

Harris will depart mid-April and plans to leave the gaming industry behind altogether.

“I've decided to exit the video-game industry to return to Seattle for new opportunities there. I'll be leaving BioWare in mid-April,” she wrote.

“I had a great time at BioWare, working with so many talented, passionate folks. I'm grateful for everything you taught me over the years.”

Harris was part of the team that worked with the BioWare writers to create the game's narrative content; it is unclear just how much this could change the direction of Mass Effect: Andromeda.

The games has already seen the departures of lead writer Chris Schlerf and director Chris Wynn.

Stupid BioWare, stop falling apart :(

I always thought it'd be cool to have a multiplayer ME, not an MMO but pretty much a proper story where you both (all) get to makes choices, perhaps with the same mechanics as SWTOR. The combat sections would be fine working like the ME3 multiplayer.

But a full on MMO? No thanks. 

• Like 1

My idea of a ME MMO is more or less something akin to ME3's multiplayer, except you pick a class and race to play, there's an actual game world for players to interact with each other and vendors in, and rather than buying random loot crates you spend credits earned by doing missions and can buy various outfits so you're not limited to having the same frickin outfit and only being able to change the colors and patterns. You pick people to group with, rather than being stuck with random teams. 

A straightforward MMO would suck.

For the record, I'd play a Turian, but I'm not sure what class I'd go with.