The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

Sooo...Citadel. One last story DLC. Really hoping it's as great as I'm hoping. All (or most) of the characters I love appearing for a final spot in the Shepard Trilogy. I'm really gonna miss this iteration of Mass Effect. Sure, the next game will likely have a different name, set in the same universe, but I was kinda hoping it'd be something like 4-6 centuries in the future. Plenty of time to let the Shepard legend grow, see the after effects of your choices. Eh. On the bright side I haven't been doing any multiplayer lately. Now's as good a time as any to dive back in!

I got the EDI Bot in a pack on multiplayer. That thing is pretty great because it has a skill which means you get instantly reserected if you get downed. So, that's pretty funny just running around, trolling enemies by heavy meleeing them and popping right back up if they kill me.

I still want the Geth Juggernaut or Krogan Warlord though. Keep seeing Juggernauts power glove phantoms and banshees to death which is pretty great. That and I had 3 warlords on my team once just hammering the shit out of a banshee which was hilarious, just wish I could have helped them.

I got the EDI Bot in a pack on multiplayer. That thing is pretty great because it has a skill which means you get instantly reserected if you get downed. So, that's pretty funny just running around, trolling enemies by heavy meleeing them and popping right back up if they kill me.

I still want the Geth Juggernaut or Krogan Warlord though. Keep seeing Juggernauts power glove phantoms and banshees to death which is pretty great. That and I had 3 warlords on my team once just hammering the shit out of a banshee which was hilarious, just wish I could have helped them.

Wait, seriously, you just can't die as EDI? That's... awesome and not at the same time. I traded ME3 in a while ago, but oh man I want it again after hearing about some of the new DLC. How many new characters have there been since the update with the N7 Shadow and those guys? Isn't there also new enemies now as well?

I might pick this up again on PC when I get paid.

EDI's thing works along the same mechanics as grenades, in that you get a limited supply at one time but can replenish them at ammo boxes. I think there's a mutation option to increase the number you can carry, plus there's the various equipment that adds to that. Think the base is 15 seconds of shield regen and the reserection thing but can be mutated to 22.5. If you don't have it active when you drop you wont get rezed but since it puts a big green HUD on your screen when it's on, you probably wont forget you don't have it on.

And yeah, there's been 2 now since the DLC you alluded to. Lots of new characters, weapons, mods etc etc. No new maps aside from hazard variants of existing ones but the enemies got a slight tweaking with the Dragoon for Cerberus (An armored unit that has two whip sort of things it will get up close to you and ground strike you with) and the Geth Bomber (A little drone thing that will make a little bombing run of like 5 grenades and also use overload). That and the Collector's are a new faction to fight.

There's player challenges too which don't really get you anything other than banners to use on your nameplate in the lobby. Varying from playing X number of waves/extracting X number of times as Y race, getting so many points using Z gun to going through a Platinum difficulty map solo.

Yeah, 360.

As I mentioned, briefly, Collector's are the new faction. I'm not sure how I'd rank them in comparison to the other factions, they certainly can be annoying because they have a tendency to buff their units with shields and explosions so you need to be careful when killing even the scrub enemies. Their 'boss' units aren't too bad but can still hit pretty hard and one hit kill you.

Sooo...bought the Citadel DLC. So very, very worth it. I'm a big fan of Bioware, mostly of their ability to make such endearing characters. And get those characters you shall. A new hub, minigames, collectables....and of course a kickass mission with lots of great dialog from your favorites. For all the upheaval over the ending and whatnot, this absolutely felt like a love letter from Bioware to the fans. Feels a bit fan servicey (That a thing?) but I loved it.

Oh, details you ask?

A villain that hits close to home!

Wrex pays homage to Randy Savage!

A space hamster in minor distress!

Gambling!

A sweet apartment you can upgrade!

Kasumi investigating your underwear drawer!

An arena with flexible combat options!

Cameo in a Blasto flick!

Just...go get this. Combat isn't groundbreaking but it's a wonderful piece of DLC. Glad I bought it. It's a fitting final meeting with your squad mates and a great way to end the Shepard trilogy.

Edited by Saladin777

• 2 weeks later...

Word is they may not do any more weekend operations for Commendation packs, because they've moved those weapons into the buyable packs as ultra-rares. But it hasn't been confirmed just yet. I got a Hurricane upgrade in one of the packs I bought a few days ago.

The final multiplayer pack has some interesting classes and weapons, but I'm disappointed that they didn't add any new maps.

So I went ahead, got the MS Points at Best Buy, and downloaded all of the major DLC. I've decided, for the sake of, "Well, GameFly takes longer than I would like," for game delivery, to use time normally set aside for playing games that I intend to review, to play through all of Mass Effect. As Female Shephard. Because apparently I'm an idiot and didn't realize I've only played as male Shephard (Paragon and Renegade) through the series.

Hell, I even downloaded Bring Down The Sky. Though I think I skipped getting Pinnacle Station. Can't quite remember. Still, all of Mass Effect at my finger tips. Sayonara, social life.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...