The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

No.  I want a fully fleshed out and awesome story.  Not half a story and half a tAcked on online mode

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

As expected, the game looks quite stunning. I've avoided any and all story spoilers, beyond what was mentioned in the gameplay trailer, but i'm being cautiously optimistic about the game (I mean, they probably have learned after ME3)

A few janky moments in facial lighting/animations in the standoff sequence, though. And I doubt that the exploration aspect of the game will be super large either.
But i'm certainly going to be interested once the game is released, and hopefully it'll get good reviews and allays my fears about the depth.

Does anybody know when the hd-rereleases of the original trilogy will be released? Surly they're going to do this, right? I mean re-releases seem to be a big thing now. So far we've seen the Uncharted Series, God Of War 3, the first 2 Arkham Games, the BIoshock Series and even Resident Evil 4 for the PS4. And with EA always looking to make a buck they just have to re-release these games eventually, right?

I feel the only game of the trilogy that really needs a remaster is ME1, since that game has not held up at all. The graphics are pretty bad in comparison to 2/3, and the game mechanics are just not well streamlined. And the worst part is the grinding pace of slow-jogging everywhere, standing in an elevator, and then slow jogging some more. With the same going to the Mako sections, that get annoying real fast.

ME2 still looks pretty good though, and the game is real good to pick up and play. Same goes for ME3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In seriousness, I'm not automatically going to be interested in this until I hear how people have been getting on with it. I used to be right on board with everything Bioware did, but it's quite a different company when compared to how it was ten years ago.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying I don't think it will be good, and I'm very fond of the previous Mass Effect games. It might just be that I've had my Mass Effect fill for now.

• Like 1

Im on the fence about getting it, I really want a new Mass Effect game though. But i'm gonna wait until at least the reviews to trickle in and give me an idea what i'm dealing with. I doubt Bioware would make the same errors after the backlash over ME3's story ending, but I'm not holding my breath either.