The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

Something called "Mass Effect Legendary Edition" has been given a rating by the Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea. That comes after listings for the Mass Effect trilogy on PS4, Xbox One and Switch were found on the website of a portuguese video game retailer that were later removed. Rumors are that the trilogy was supposed to come out this year but was pushed back to early 2021.

www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/mass-effect-trilogy-remastered-console-listings-online/

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/10/2020 at 03:08, Hellraiser said:

Something called "Mass Effect Legendary Edition" has been given a rating by the Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea. That comes after listings for the Mass Effect trilogy on PS4, Xbox One and Switch were found on the website of a portuguese video game retailer that were later removed. Rumors are that the trilogy was supposed to come out this year but was pushed back to early 2021.

www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/mass-effect-trilogy-remastered-console-listings-online/

I was literally just coming to post about how much I wanted the trilogy on current consoles to play again, then I came across this :D

The remastered trilogy has finally been announced. It's slated for a Spring 2021 release on PC, Xbox One and PS4, with enhancements for Xbox Series X and PS5. I must say that I'd like a Switch version more than anything else, but you can't have everything.

Bioware also announced that they're working on a new Mass Effect game, but with no estimated release window announced. Given that they're developing Dragon Age 4, as well as adding bits and pieces to Anthem and Star Wars: The Old Republic, I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere close to being shown off.

I'm way more excited at the new of a new game in the series, was it mentioned at all that it would be a follow up to Andromeda or something new altogether? Might be a decent time to replay the original trilogy I guess on PS5 eventually but yeah. I enjoyed Andromeda for what it was, but I really hope they get it right this time overall.

33 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I'm way more excited at the new of a new game in the series, was it mentioned at all that it would be a follow up to Andromeda or something new altogether? Might be a decent time to replay the original trilogy I guess on PS5 eventually but yeah. I enjoyed Andromeda for what it was, but I really hope they get it right this time overall.

They mentioned that the team working on it were going to be veteran staff members at the very least, so they're trying to get out ahead of that, haha.

Wasn't part of the thing that it was a 'B' team that did Andromeda, because all the usual veterans were put on Anthem?

Think I'll get the PS4 version for my Dad for Father's Day next year. He's a fan of Trek and Wars so it should appeal to him.

Might get the PC version for myself if it's on Steam. Maybe do a Paragon run with it. Or if there's new content, maybe do another Renegade run first.

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Perhaps now I will finally get further than 20 hours into the first game!

There were rumors a few months ago that the announcement was delayed and delayed again because they wanted to improve gameplay in ME1 specifically. This remaster collection has been the worst kept secret for like a year now it seems, but only just now announced.

13 hours ago, tristy said:

There were rumors a few months ago that the announcement was delayed and delayed again because they wanted to improve gameplay in ME1 specifically. This remaster collection has been the worst kept secret for like a year now it seems, but only just now announced.

All I need is a faster Mako.

We need more romance options. All the romance options.

Also, Elcor Hamlet unabridged.

• 1 month later...

Spoilers for a decade-old game:

Spoiler

Does this mean that Shepard's been cryogenically frozen or something similar? People are suggesting that Liara looks significantly older, which would mean that this game would be set years into the future.

I now wonder if the upcoming remasters might add in a thing or two at the end to set the new game up. It's an interesting thought.

10 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Spoilers for a decade-old game:

Hide contents

Does this mean that Shepard's been cryogenically frozen or something similar? People are suggesting that Liara looks significantly older, which would mean that this game would be set years into the future.

Spoiler

Does she really look older? I honestly can't tell. 

And what about the three figures in the back? If one of them is Mordin, the game can't take place too far in the future since Salarians only live up to 40 human years. 

5 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:
  Hide contents

Does she really look older? I honestly can't tell. 

And what about the three figures in the back? If one of them is Mordin, the game can't take place too far in the future since Salarians only live up to 40 human years. 

Spoiler

It's unlikely, but some variation of the indoctrination theory being correct would be very interesting. It was better than the actual endings.