The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

Depends when people are on for multiplayer. I'd go on after Match of the Day like that ends about 20 to 12 though so may not be ideal for some people.

Spoilers for the From Ashes DLC:

Fuck. Javik is badass. And is that Mr. Eko from Lost doing the voice? If not, it's a very good impersonator! Which just makes him even more awesome. I hope he has a loyalty mission and some extra stuff, because if that's all there is for a fucking surviving PROTHEAN, then that's stupid. Saying that, fuck EA for making something this massive DLC. I'm fine with paying £10 for it, but man, such a crucial story element that's just been chopped out so they can make a little more money. What a shitty move.

Also for fucks sake, I just wanted to find out if Ashley is a permanent squad member or not and I pretty much straight away spoil something major for myself.

Can I play the multiplayer and not start my single player game yet? I have been feeling too sick to play much so I havent finished my game of 2 yet but I want to mess around with this so bad!

I think it's possible. I didn't try, because I already had multiple finished ME2 saves (and I don't know why, but I'm playing through another one on Insanity), but it should be. Plenty of other games let you do multiplayer before playing the campaign. The only thing that might be a concern is that multiplayer results can tally directly in to the main Mass Effect storyline (not giving away more than that openly), and I don't know if it would if you don't start a save game first.

Picked this up today before work. Looks like sleep won't be coming for me tonight

Spoilers for the From Ashes DLC:

Fuck. Javik is badass. And is that Mr. Eko from Lost doing the voice? If not, it's a very good impersonator! Which just makes him even more awesome. I hope he has a loyalty mission and some extra stuff, because if that's all there is for a fucking surviving PROTHEAN, then that's stupid. Saying that, fuck EA for making something this massive DLC. I'm fine with paying £10 for it, but man, such a crucial story element that's just been chopped out so they can make a little more money. What a shitty move.

Also for fucks sake, I just wanted to find out if Ashley is a permanent squad member or not and I pretty much straight away spoil something major for myself.

There are no loyalty missions in this game. However, Javik is always fun to have in your party due to his attitude toward the current cycle's races (all of whom weren't technologically-advanced enough in the previous Reaper cycle to be wiped out). He had me won over when he talked about how Salarians used to eat flies and lick their eyeballs.