The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

My XBL handle is KenyarJad. I'm usually on between 10 AM and 2 PM EST.

My favorite part is how the multi-player mode has in-game ramifications. It means that more people will be playing online than you would normally expect.

Thought we done quite well on multiplayer there, was rather fun :) Good teamwork just unlucky on that last round that we had, only having a minute and a half to destroy the target considering we were getting shot at from every angle.

Sorry I ran off, Jack woke up in distress, so I had to stop saving the world and instead save the baby.

By saving the baby, you saved the world. Save the baby, save the world ;)

So, I just beat the game. ENDGAME SPOILERS UNDER THE BUTTON.

The confrontation between Anderson, (supremely fucked-up) Shepard, and Illusive Man aboard the Citadel was awesome. I didn't even find the three choices you're presented at the end as that bad (considering the massive backlash fans are having against it... and even if Shepard can't make it out of any of the three alive...)... the only thing I want is a little more substance to the ending, like what happened to the Quarians and the Geth? What happened with the Turians and the Krogan? Instead of what could have been a nice, drawn-out ending... what we get is something decent that's way too brief.

Literally my only actual complaint is how little work actually went into the cutscene where the Crucible fires. It's literally the same thing, only with a different-colored explosion depending on the option you choose.

This isn't much of a spoiler, but it's kind of a cool allusion:

If you chose to save the Rachni queen in ME1, or said you did in Arrival for all you PS3 people - or those of you that just started an ME2 game without importing from ME1 - after meeting her and freeing her from Reaper captivity, there's this small conversation with the character that takes Kelly Chambers' position on the ship. It's just about how the rachni communicate, but I was like, "Ansibles! Well, they are insectoid..." I know Orson Scott Card didn't think up the idea, but he was the one to use it most recently, so I gotta' assume it was an Ender's Game reference. Love the people at BioWare - they never treat any one science fiction universe as separate from the rest.

Ugh! So torn between this and AC2:Rev right now. I know I'll get hours of play out of both..unlike Uncharted 3 which I beat in about 12 hours <_<