The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

I honestly don't see what you mean by "shitty selection of squadmates". It makes perfect sense to me. Plus, they removed loyalty missions but they have added a shit-ton of personal dialogue and character development. The bulk of the hours I've spent playing this game have been talking to squadmates at every turn.

By the way, finally beat the game and got a tearful but beautiful ending. I love this trilogy so much. There is so much replayability it is insane.

People that have finished.. How long did it take you? And without naming any - how many squad members are there in total?

I took every side mission I could and, as noted, talked to my squadmates as much as I could and I hit about 50 hours.

No Krogans.

:(

Also, SRN, how much multiplayer did you play and what was your Galactic Readiness/War Asset level by the end?

I didn't play multiplayer at all. I know there is a multitude of endings and thus I just charged in with about 3300 points with Galactic Readiness at 50% all over. I have a few playthroughs planned so I want to get a different ending each time.

Multi is fantastic.. had a great session today. It's just great fun.

Also 20,000 credits is nothing. One game on Bronze lands you 15,000.

That's all well and fine when you've got a party of people to play with. >_> I've had nothing but terrible luck in public. Two games where the fourth just stood there throughout the entire game, a couple where no one stuck together at all and one that seemed to be going well until we got stuck with a 'Kill the targets' mission and the first target was a Walker that took forever to bring down.

I like the multiplayer, but between public being awful mostly and the sheer amount of waiting time I've had to put up with, it's hard to motivate myself to bother.

I had one great team in public. We all stuck together, supported each other, etc. Then there was one where the team members had no damn clue what they were doing. Stick to a data terminal, shoot the enemies while you're in that spot - simple enough, but they didn't get it. I wound up being the last one alive, and in a rare moment, I got the highest score. It sucked. I find public to be a bit of a wild card. Sort of like any multi-player FPS/TPS game, really.

On a multi with a few people from here, I wound up getting a "hack four data points" thing, and while the other three just shot up the bad guys, attracting attention the entire time, I managed to go through the last three terminals on my own. That was awesome.

We were a pretty good team like the other night me, Dan, Benji and Ellis and when Summers came on. I've had a few games with a friend and two random people it depends you get people who are good but then you get the odd guy who will run about trying to melee everything and just keep getting downed.

Focusing on the story atm.

Just completed the side quest in getting the three gangs from Mass Effect 2 onto my side to fight for me, the Eclipse one was pretty straightforward in that I thought the Asari was absolutely mental and wouldn't be worth letting out of jail so managed to convince her number 2 to take charge instead while leaving her in jail, the Blood Pack one again was pretty easy and the Blue Suns I tried to convince the shopkeeper to release the weapons but instead I had to travel around the galaxy to find the artifact he wanted because I didn't really want to order a hit on the General. So thats the gangs all ready to fight for me in the war.

Going to the Grissom Academy now to rescue some of the students. RASHAD SHEPHARD STYLE

For the "Battle Scarred" achievement - "Promote a multiplayer character to the Galaxy at War or import an ME3 character."

How do you do this? I can't seem to figure it out :huh:

Do you have a level 20 multiplayer character?

Technically, what happens is that the character gets turned in to a war asset in your current single player game, and he or she resets, similar to prestiging in Modern Warfare. I don't think you lose any equipment or appearance options (haven't done it because I'm waiting until I get a save game that has everything set up how I want it to be until the end so I can get more assets), but I won't guarantee that.

You can get the achievement one of two ways. Either by promoting a level 20 multiplayer character to the single player game. Or simply starting a new single player game with a Shepard after you finished the story.

Also, I finished the game and IMO I have to say the ending is utterly utterly disappointing.