Euro 2012

Lineker

The fact that Postiga keeps getting these chances in the Portuguese team baffles me, he has never impressed me. That said, I don't know who else should be played as striker :shifty:

Live Dutch fanzone in Charkov: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZYw8CEOWIY&feature=player_embedded

Can't wait! :)

Edited by The Quasi Juice

The fact that Postiga keeps getting these chances in the Portuguese team baffles me, he has never impressed me. That said, I don't know who else should be player striker :shifty:

THANK YOU. If at least our coach could think like that... :(

Edited by Puckster

The fact that Postiga keeps getting these chances in the Portuguese team baffles me, he has never impressed me. That said, I don't know who else should be player striker :shifty:

Live Dutch fanzone in Charkov: http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Can't wait! :)

The reason for that is really simple... We don't have any good striker, so between having a guy with two logs instead of feet (Hugo Almeida), a rookie who played a handful of games this year (Nelson Oliveira) or Postiga, I understand the choice. Oh and Postiga was our second best scorer in the qualifying stage, so he at least shown something in this team.

Oh and for whoever asked the tie-breaking criteria:

Tie-breaking criteria

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings:

• higher number of points obtained in the matches among the teams in question;
  • superior goal difference in the matches among the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points);
  • higher number of goals scored in the matches among the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points);
  • superior goal difference in all the group matches;
  • higher number of goals scored in all the group matches;
  • position in the UEFA national team coefficient ranking system;
  • fair play conduct of the teams (final tournament);
  • drawing of lots.

Note: As all teams have a different UEFA national team coefficient, the last two tie-breakers (i.e. fair play conduct and drawing of lots) will never be applied in this tournament.

Edited by GoN_

If Oliviera isn't ready to start couldn't Ronaldo move forward with someone else in his old role?

Has been done, and what happened was that Ronaldo would completely vanish from the game. I would love to see Nelson start, but I don't think he is ready. Even in Benfica, I think the guy still has much to learn before he can be a valid option to start regularly.

No, Denmark sucks! They must lose today! Let's go, fuckin' Portugal!

In yo' face, Sousa, even though you don't come in here!

You are now my least favorite poster of all the times. Also, I have no idea what you meant by that Sousa comment, pretty sure he doesn't watch football at all.

Go Denmark, kick some Portugese ass! You've done it many times before and you will do it again tonight. I BEEEELIEEEEEVE

Yeah playing Ronaldo up front would all but nullify one of his biggest strengths, which is making defenders shit themselves as he runs at them.

I'll be supporting Denmark. I probably like Germany and Denmark the most in the tournament if I'm honest. Not to mention that Portugal are my least favourite team in the world bar Scotland.

• Admin

Go away!

Russia have been given a six-point deduction, which will be suspended, from their next Euro qualifying campaign following the improper behaviour of their fans at Friday's Czech Republic match. They have also been fined 120,000 Euros.

Very pretty but takes up too much space. Holdle still does it better.

I tried to get the formations side by side like I usually do, but I either took those pictures too big or there is some sort of bug making it really difficult.