Euro 2012

Lineker

I wish I was at the pub to watch that match. It was great. I could do without the people I was watching it with slagging off any Swedish player and the ref when a decision didn't go our way, but it was great.

I wonder how the match with Ukraine will turn out. France was very average against us and we managed to scrape out a draw, Sweden were not doing very well at all and we only just nabbed the victory there. If we get the Ukraine that played so well against Sweden we are probably in for a long night. Our defense is very poor and our midfield can't keep possession to save their lives, but for once our attackers and goalkeeper are pretty solid.

Edited by WalkerWGZ

I thought Johnson was superb in the first game, and didn't do an awful lot wrong yesterday barring occasionally giving the ball away when he's bombed on, which could cost us against better teams. It's the one reason I'm inclined to keep Milner there, just to have a defensive winger and attacking full back.

Guest mr. potato head

So all we have to do is beat the Czechs and we're through to the knockout rounds (where we'll quickly lose to our Group B opponent).

This is doable :D

Guest mr. potato head

You're not claiming Poland, Myke is Poland and therefore Poland is good.

You'd undo all that.

Grandfather was born in Krakow, it's a legit claim!

Mellberg's beard makes me feel like a little girl.

What people tend to forget as well is that Mellberg actually shaves daily, which is why his beard was noticeably shorter for 3pm Premiership games. Truly amazing.

• Like 5

What's everyone thinking in terms of which match to watch and which (if any) to stream later on? I like Poland and so feel I should 'support' them more, but I can see Russia tearing Greece apart. Decisions decisions.

Poland vs Czech for me, since it is really winner takes all.

Mellberg's beard makes me feel like a little girl.

What people tend to forget as well is that Mellberg actually shaves daily, which is why his beard was noticeably shorter for 3pm Premiership games. Truly amazing.

It's also why he would always tire towards the end of games as he is 3kgs heavier than he was at kickoff.