So what makes EWB Members all misty eyed?

LexChaney

Also, the season 2 episode of The Simpsons where Bart gets an F and sits the test after studying but still fails and starts crying.

Similarly, in The Way We Was, Homer's "When I get a thought, something says yes, something says no. But with this, there is only yes. How can the only thing I've ever been sure of be wrong?" speech gets to me.

Two scenes from Love Actually. see if you can guess which....

and

The scene where Emma Thompson realises that her husband (Alan Rickman) must have been having an affair and so takes her new Joni Mitchell album up to her bedroom and sobs her heart out for a couple of minutes before sorting herself out and heading back downstairs with a brave face on for her kids.

That just destroys me.

I can't remember the end of that movie at all and I must have seen it at least four times.

Fuck it, I don't care, you guys have opened a gate! Mark had a brain tumor :( Fucking brain tumors!

Although, you totally should watch everything about ER, at least up till that point and a little afters (like, I think till Noah Wyle leaves). That is the best medical TV series ever. Yes, even better than M*A*S*H.

Mark at least knew he was dying and got a fair sendoff! He was the only main character that died that we knew would die eventually once the tumor came back!

Lucy? Gets stabbed at the end of one episode, dies the next.

Romano? Gets crushed out of the blue by a helicopter.

Gallant? He goes boom.

Pratt? He goes boom, too.

And yes, while Mark's was said, Lucy's was pretty sad, too.

Other misty moments.

Matrix Revolutions:

Trinity dies (again). That was a shocker, I had avoided spoilers, and while I knew Neo didn't see it coming (ba-dump bump), I honestly didn't either. And if she had to die, they could've given her something more glorious, I think, given how much of a badass she was.

Titanic:

I really didn't give a damn when Jack died. He shouldn't have been on the boat in the first place :shifty: . HOWEVER, seeing the woman holding the (dead) infant in the water, and then realizing all the people that died thanks to saving a buck...in real life....yeah.

ER talk:

Yeah, Lucy's death was sad, but come on, Mark WAS the show. He was always the guy you rooted for when he was going against the Rocket, Weaver, heck even when he argued with Ross. I cheered when he married Elizabeth, teared up when his dad died.

However, what was so moving about that episode was the fact that he had just had his child with Elizabeth, and it was then that he patched things up with his daughter. It was just so fucking sad. Plus, the song that played was so heartbreaking during that moment that it blew me away. It could be my favorite TV show epsiode of all time. Just so moving and emotional and felt so REAL.

Also, I just noticed that other Disney shows made me cry, too, specifically Up, Monsters Inc, Aladin (when I thought Genie had to go :( ) and Beauty and the Beast. Goddamn you, Disney.

While it wasn't teary eyed, the last movie to give me that "Oh god" feeling was when I watched Deathly Hallows Part 2 the other day.

For YEARS now I have been waiting to see the whole "Not my daughter, you BITCH!" part, and I nearly wanted to fast forward through the film just to get to it. When it finally happened, I felt a damn near physical manifestation of emotional triumph shoot through my chest.

ER...

Lucy's murder was way too shocking to strike me as sad. It was a total WTF? moment. It's been years so my memory's shot, but it was a holiday party of some kind and then... bam. Blood everywhere. And the episode just ended. Absolute insanity. She wasn't really a great character though.

Romano's death was just perfect though. The helicopter finally got him. And then the guy got stranded at the admission desk. If you cried at that, it had to be from laughter.

Other deaths happened after I tuned out, I guess so I won't compare, but... yeah, good luck beating Mark's send-off. That whole episode was such a radical departure from anything the series had done to that point... besides like the convenience store hostage thing.

Anyone seen the film No Reservation? I hate love romance films. But this is like not one but is one. It's a nice heart warming tale I guess. Also the movie Four Weddings and a Funeral. The scene with John Hannah. Another one which is such an amazing film. Stand By Me. Everything about that really.

Lost

No matter how many times i've seen it, but the ending: Jack is dying in the forest and Vincent runs to him, lays beside him as he dies and the plane flies over them in the sky.

Also Charlie's death and the next season opener where Hurley tells Claire what happened.

House

Amber's death & the part where House and Amber are back in the bus and House says he doesn't want to go back as it doesn't hurt in there and "Passing Afternoon" starts to play.

Edited by The Sandman

I agree with a few posted so far. A most recent one that got me was the Boy in the Striped Pajamas. If anyone has seen it, I hope they understand why.

I just don't think that it really that sad.

The way it is shot, it makes you feel sorry for the German boy, rather than....yanno, all the Jewish people that get killed as well.

Just didn't think much of it in general.

Oh fuck, Up. I was bawling like a baby at that one.

That had me at the start, and at the end. Seriously bad.

Also, Turner and Hooch

When the dog gets shot

C'mon, I was like 7!