So what makes EWB Members all misty eyed?

LexChaney

Lion King, when Musfasa died. Fuck you all if I have to put that in spoilers. He fucking dies in front of his son :crying:

Also, TMW's right, Toy Story 3 all the way. Kind of showed the end of my childhood, I fucking hated that, bawled like a baby.

As for TV shows, I cried during the series finale of Friends during the final scene and that episode of ER when

[spoilers]Mark Green died. Fuck :crying: [/spoilers]

I've cried during a bunch of other stuff, too. I'll be back to tell you when I've remembered, 'cause I'm crying now.

not [spoilers] you just ruined ER. I was totally planning to watch all 58 series for the very first time tomorrow

:crying:
  • Like 1

Fuck it, I don't care, you guys have opened a gate! Mark had a brain tumor :( Fucking brain tumors!

Although, you totally should watch everything about ER, at least up till that point and a little afters (like, I think till Noah Wyle leaves). That is the best medical TV series ever. Yes, even better than M*A*S*H.

The Futurama episode about Fry's dog always gets to me. Especially the montage at the end showing the dog aging. Also, the episode about his brother, with the four leaf clover is another one that made me really sad.

The first Simpsons episode about Homer's mom always gets to me too. Dunno why, but always at the end of the episode, the scene with Homer lying on top of the car, watching the sky, makes me sad.

Fuck it, I don't care, you guys have opened a gate! Mark had a brain tumor :( Fucking brain tumors!

Although, you totally should watch everything about ER, at least up till that point and a little afters (like, I think till Noah Wyle leaves). That is the best medical TV series ever. Yes, even better than M*A*S*H.

Mark at least knew he was dying and got a fair sendoff! He was the only main character that died that we knew would die eventually once the tumor came back!

Lucy? Gets stabbed at the end of one episode, dies the next.

Romano? Gets crushed out of the blue by a helicopter.

Gallant? He goes boom.

Pratt? He goes boom, too.

And yes, while Mark's was said, Lucy's was pretty sad, too.

Other misty moments.

Matrix Revolutions:

Trinity dies (again). That was a shocker, I had avoided spoilers, and while I knew Neo didn't see it coming (ba-dump bump), I honestly didn't either. And if she had to die, they could've given her something more glorious, I think, given how much of a badass she was.

Titanic:

I really didn't give a damn when Jack died. He shouldn't have been on the boat in the first place :shifty: . HOWEVER, seeing the woman holding the (dead) infant in the water, and then realizing all the people that died thanks to saving a buck...in real life....yeah.

The last few minutes of Life is Beautiful will get me every time.

Guido has spent practically the whole second half of the movie protecting his son Joshua from the reality of being in a concentration camp by trying to pretend it's a game, and even in his final moments, aware that he's about to be shot, he still takes the time to make his son laugh one last time. Then the Germans bail out, an American tank rolls up and takes Joshua away and on the road he sees his mum and they hug.

Also the final scene of Blackadder Goes Forth.

I just laughed. It was entirely predictable that that was going to be exactly what happened. I was, first and foremost, surprised that a Hollywood movie had the guts to actually go through with it rather than imply it and fade to black, but once that was over with it was just a painfully obvious and cliche end point for everything.

Oh God! THIS!

Also as geeky as it is, LOTR, Return of the king

The bit at the end when post coronation King Ellesar (Aaragorn) stops the hobbits from bowing, says "My friends, you bow to no one" and everyone at the coronation bows to them... TEARS.

I'm just going to stick this scene in from Fresh Prince that makes me tear up every time I watch it (the last time before today I saw it was Thursday in class)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmerFuzRNZ4

Not bothering to click the spoiler, but if it's the "how come he don't want me?" scene... yeah.

Never actually cried watching it, but lived something eerily similar and once I saw it it gave me chills.

Powerful scene.

If it's the part where Carlton got a gun or something though, never mind...

Not a lot. I went into Toy Story 3 wanting to cry for example, but I didn't, which annoyed me a bit.

The only two times I remember getting all teary eyed are during The Lion King, when Mustafa dies, and The Green Mile.

Probably the old Sherlock Holmes Scene from That Mitchell and Webb Look. Completely Unexpected.

I didn't get tear up but damn, that scene was fucking depressing. I remember when I saw it the first time, I was just, "What the fuck did I just watch? That was depressing as fuck."

I just laughed. It was entirely predictable that that was going to be exactly what happened. I was, first and foremost, surprised that a Hollywood movie had the guts to actually go through with it rather than imply it and fade to black, but once that was over with it was just a painfully obvious and cliche end point for everything.

Exactly this.

Generally, I am not very good at tearing up at movies; however, Toy Story 3 almost got me. So I agree with that one.

I never cried at films for years, and then I re-watched the Shawshank Redemption at college when I was sixteen, and got very tear-y when Brook was released, and everything from then on. After that, I started to well up at anything remotely sad, or sweet, in films or TV. I even cried at fucking Finding Neverland.

Now the one that gets me every time is "Hold me?", "....I can't." in Edward Scissorhands.

I cried at the end of Beauty and the Beast (I was six, fuck you!), The Green Mile, Buffy season 5, for some reason Donnie Darko, and Lost. I don't care if Lost made no sense, the final five minutes were poignant.

In terms of misty eyed, too many to count. When I get to end of The Truman Show and Toy Story 3. The beginning of Up. Every time 'Mysteries of Love' plays during Blue Velvet is fairly emotional too.

I agree with C-Mil and SDM - I think - about The Mist. I laughed. Completely hokey.