So what makes EWB Members all misty eyed?

LexChaney

House

Amber's death & the part where House and Amber are back in the bus and House says he doesn't want to go back as it doesn't hurt in there and "Passing Afternoon" starts to play.

Oh, RIGHT. Yes, that too.

And, yes, Up's an automatic. And frankly, there's a shit ton of Simpsons episodes that'll do it to me. Virtually anything featuring a Homer and Lisa story, plus a bunch of others.

I tend to get teary eyed sometimes but the movie I remember it happening the most in was...

Armageddon

When Bruce Willis takes Ben Affleck's spot on blowing the astroid up and what not and the subsequent video conversation with Liv Tyler... Then the death and events that follow... Get's me everytime...

:crying:

Forrest Gump:

Jenny dying always gets me. Even to the point my g/f made fun of me..

Apollo 13:

When the capsule is re-entering the atmosphere, after the time passes when radio silence should be restored. I break down like a baby when they finally hear him on the radio

I get teary eyed a bit at stuff but not much springs to mind right now outside of stuff people have already mentioned. Up being one. I've always thought that the first half hour, on it's own, is one of the greatest things ever.

In terms of Futurama, Jurassic Bark was never the biggest one. Luck of the Fryrish and The Sting were bigger tear jerkers for me.

Never cried or got teary eyed at a film, but I've had that choking feeling that comes just before the other two. So yeah, got choked up at the following...

Definitely agree with the shout for Equilibrium with the puppy, man that was a tough scene to watch.

Scrubs Season 5

When Cox loses his patient and downward spirals, very good song choice too despite my prior dislike to the song. I now like it due to that scene.

House Season 7

My Body Is a Cage... I had been tricked into believing that this episode was the finale of Season 7 and that a Season 8 wouldn't be happening. With the whirlwind that was Cuddy/House being so shit, It actually wouldn't have shocked me had they gone through with it. The build up was brilliant although doesnt hold up as well on second viewing because I think they could definitely have milked an extra minute from it.

The Green Mile. Don't think I need to elaborate on this choice really.

LOST! Numerous times but I was ACTUALLY thinking "I'm going to cry" during the season 6 finale with

Claire and Aaron getting together again.

. But my mate interjected as we were watching to say "I thought they broke up?" and it killed the mood for me and my mate and it'll never be the same! Furious!

S'about it I think.

Lost

No matter how many times i've seen it, but the ending: Jack is dying in the forest and Vincent runs to him, lays beside him as he dies and the plane flies over them in the sky.

Also Charlie's death and the next season opener where Hurley tells Claire what happened.

I actually found Hurley's way of telling her to be quite awkward and thought it completely ruined the scene for me, but maybe that's just me. When he died it was a total bummer though, definitely.

The only film I have cried at is The Titanic. I was about 12 at the time. I actually think I had to turn the VCR off because it was too much at the time.

Apart from that the only movie I was misty eyed over was Schindler's List. This was mainly because I had family in the Holocaust. Even then, the scene that finally got to me was this one:

Fuck. I just got misty eyed again. Damn you people.

Found one of the Thin Red Line clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUmsvlvySLw

It's right near the end of the film so it's spoileriffic.

Can't find the clip for the main one though but it's when...

Private Bell gets a letter from his wife saying that she's leaving him after he's spent the whole film pretty much only being able to get through it all because he can go back to her.

Thinking about it, the final episode of Welcome to the NHK makes me tear up as well, especially:

The moment when Misaki is about to kill herself and Sato grabs onto her.

The moment after Sato tries to commit suicide (love the "That's not just dramatic, that's fucking dramatic!" line) and fails, then lays on the steel mesh crying.

The end where Sato finally signs the contract and Misaki says "Welcome to the NHK"

Edited by StevenRichardsRules