Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

TCO

There are more sloppy movement control issues than before and Sully keeps getting in my way. However the fighting feels more frenetic and I'm doing a lot more hand to hand brawling than previous games. The moves you can pull off are great, like pulling the pin out of their grenade.

I didn't even realize what I was doing the first time I did this.

The globe took me the longest so far. I spent ages spinning it in circles thinking that the light was meant to cover an entire continent.

The globe took me ages, only because I didn't realise I had to use the right stick to move the bloody thing too. I felt beyond dumb with that <_<

This was me last night.

Don't worry Benji I did the same thing...stupid globe...

Yeah, same. Fuck that globe. >_> Does the game get much better? I got to the part where you meet Elena again so far and I'm just really... 'meh', on it.

The globe took me the longest so far. I spent ages spinning it in circles thinking that the light was meant to cover an entire continent.

The globe took me ages, only because I didn't realise I had to use the right stick to move the bloody thing too. I felt beyond dumb with that <_<

This was me last night.

Thank you all for making me feel less ridiculous :wub:

What bugs me about this game is that it doesn't feel like much of a game. Instead it feels more like a movie: the animation is amazing, the locales are gorgeous, the story is fun...but it just doesn't draw me in, which is what I feel a game should do. Even playing on hard, I never feel like I'm in any sort of danger. There's all this climby runny jumpy stuff, but I never get a sense of 'wow I can do all this cool shit', rather, it feels like I'm just watching somebody else do all this cool shit without any input on my part. Personally, I think the actual gamey parts are pretty poorly done: melee combat is boring and repetitive (I groan every time a super melee mook shows up), and I'm not a fan of the whole 'lets keep spawning tons of mooks all around the player' gunfights the game seems to lean heavily on, more so than Uncharted 2. If it wasn't for the characters and visually spectacular (if detached) set pieces, this game wouldn't impress me much at all.

It's the MGS syndrome. However I'd prefer it to be this style or Heavy Rain style than the play for 5 minutes and sit through 2 hours of cut scene style of MGS. But it definitely does often feel like an interactive movie with limited interaction. I don't care though, if they made movies this good I'd watch a lot more movies. Plus I love the puzzles (even though I'm shit at them). Only puzzle I have breezed through so far is the one with the four animals and the grid on the wall.

One day it'll be nice in an Uncharted game to get to your goal through ridiculous climbing, swinging and danger and pick up what you're after without the enemy suddenly being right there afterwards.

Also, I'm getting serious Tomb Raider vibes (early level with London Underground and a ship situation I've heard of but not reached yet), Indiana Jones ripoff (man eating bugs) and rehashes of Uncharted 2 settings (early tutorial level in sewers, into the jungle with Sully soon after that.....)

I guess there's nothing new under the sun any more though.

I'm actually REALLY excited about the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFBrgeSjj-0.

One day it'll be nice in an Uncharted game to get to your goal through ridiculous climbing, swinging and danger and pick up what you're after without the enemy suddenly being right there afterwards.

I'd say that's my biggest problem with the game so far. You can't really even enjoy the climbing parts much as, let's face it, it's pretty definite that the second you've done them, you'll just be thrown into a fight against a vast amount of enemies.

I'd like it if instead of heaps of enemies they focussed more on the parkour aspect and perhaps made that the focus. I mean jumping up the side of a building should probably be a touch more dangerous than tapping a button makes it feel, especially if it did rid us of some of the gun fights. I agree that "Oh they must have followed us" is getting worn out. Surely it's not that hard not to be followed to every single place you go. I'm beginning to think Nate has a LoJack up his arse.