2011-12 MLB Offseason Thread

Lowerdeck

The bigger question for me is not when Pujols will start trailing off but at what point does LA consider unloading him for a slew of prospects? His value presumably could still be high in 6 years and if that's the case, and obviously if LA is aging as they likely will be at that time, do you call the Yankees or Sox about taking him for the last couple of productive years he'll have in exchange for security at multiple positions for the next decade?

And in a couple of years St. Louis fans won't be so bitter about Pujols leaving. They've got Holliday to build around now and when it comes time for him to retire the Cardinals will put his number next to Musial.

Pujols will be not be traded. He got a full no-trade clause. That was one of the deal breakers in his negotiations with the Marlins. The reason you give Pujols years 7-10 is so you have him on your team when he is chasing down records and you can market it.

Ryan Bruan tested positive for PEDs! He's probably gonna face a 50-game suspension.

That's pretty upsetting news, especially for Brewers fans who will probably not have Prince Fielder and now Braun for the first 50 games of the season. Doesn't give them much of a chance at all of winning their division.

Edited by Panni89

We have no big bats, do we? Blah. We need to make a deal for someone, because as it stands the closest to a "big bat" we have is Soriano.

Gotta love how accustomed the New York media is to bad news from the Mets. With Johan, the expectation was to have him back for Spring Training and Opening Day while having a safety net starting pitcher in place just in case...because you never can be so sure he's ready until he's actually on the mound in a game.

So when Sandy indicated as much to the media the other day, the headline was "SANTANA LIKELY TO MISS OPENING DAY". :mellow:

If the Mets and Orioles were to combine rosters it'd look like this:

C - Matt Wieters

1B - Ike Davis

2B - Brian Roberts

SS - J.J. Hardy

3B - David Wright

LF - Angel Pagan

CF - Adam Jones

RF - Nick Markakis

DH - Vladdy Guerrero

SP - Jonathan Niese

SP - Jeremy Guthrie

SP - R.A Dickey

SP - Dillon Gee

SP - Zach Britton

CL - Kevin Gregg

They'd be about .500. Can't believe that's the best pitching staff they could put together. Yikes.

I also can't believe I wasted five minutes of my life doing this.

If the Mets and Orioles were to combine rosters it'd look like this:

C - Matt Wieters

1B - Ike Davis

2B - Brian Roberts

SS - J.J. Hardy

3B - David Wright

LF - Angel Pagan

CF - Adam Jones

RF - Nick Markakis

DH - Vladdy Guerrero

SP - Jonathan Niese

SP - Jeremy Guthrie

SP - R.A Dickey

SP - Dillon Gee

SP - Zach Britton

CL - Kevin Gregg

They'd be about .500. Can't believe that's the best pitching staff they could put together. Yikes.

I also can't believe I wasted five minutes of my life doing this.

Pagan isn't a Met anymore, Ike Davis may never walk again after stubbing his toe on a pop up, and wow is that rotation depressing.