2011-12 MLB Offseason Thread

Lowerdeck

It's easy to attract players to Miami since there's no state income tax I believe. I'm surprised all athletes don't take their talents to South Beach.

Yup as far as I remember California and Texas don't have state income taxes.

So does Florida have a state income tax or not?

Whoops. Meant to say Florida and Texas.

Regardless, suffice to say, state income tax or no state income tax the Marlins didn't start spending like Steinbrenners until the city of Miami built them a nice new heavily subsidized stadium.

The Mets traded Angel Pagan to the Giants for Andres Torres and Ramon Ramirez. They also signed Jon Rauch and Frank Francisco. It's nice that our bullpen is all set since we have no starting pitching, no speed and no one to bat leadoff anymore. Good times.

Apparently they talked it over with him before and he was reluctant to move but you'd have to think if nothing else they'd put him in the outfield before trading him.

And even if they do trade him, it wouldn't be to an in-division team. There would be enough suitors that they wouldn't send him to Atlanta.

The Marlins are supposedly out of the Pujols race. Reyes doesn't make sense at 3rd base since he lacks power, and I don't know if moving him to 2nd makes their infield better. He said he never even got an offer from the Mets. The Wilponzis have pretty much ruined my interest in the first team I ever really cared about.

The Marlins are supposedly out of the Pujols race. Reyes doesn't make sense at 3rd base since he lacks power, and I don't know if moving him to 2nd makes their infield better. He said he never even got an offer from the Mets. The Wilponzis have pretty much ruined my interest in the first team I ever really cared about.

At least you didn't grow up an Orioles fan!

At least you didn't grow up an Orioles fan!

It's only a 3 year longer championship drought for you guys. You also don't have to deal with Yankees and Phillies fans in your market. Lastly, the Mets had 3 soul crushing seasons in a row before tumbling into shitsville permanently, at least you guys are usually out of the mix by May 1st :shifty: