The 2012 January Transfer Thread

Crybaby Bunting

So can we add Pavlyuchenko to the growing list of decent players that Spurs ruined?

I do wonder what would've happened if we'd got him and Arshavin together. Sadly we were outbid and then the FA extended the transfer deadline for another day for one club so we'll never know. As the core of the Russian national team surely they'd have done better then they have.

To be honest, Pogrebnyak was the guy who missed out in all of this. He, with Arshavin, won Zenit the Europe League, but he got injured before the final, therefore also missing out on the World (or Euro, can't remember) Cup. Guy looked pretty good, but when he missed that, Pavlyuchenko played up-front, scored several goals, and ended up getting a big money move.

Quite good from the limited I've seen on him and he stated he really wants to come back to England quite recently so this one probably has legs. I can't see him being out of place in Blackburn's team in the slightest though, always interesting to hear of these Englishmen who grew up abroad and took on another countries nationality. Used to know a good few of them that I'd stumbled across but can't really remember any of them now.

Believable Liverpool rumour: David Texierra will sign for us before the deadline day for about £9million. Been linked with him for most of the transfer window and supposedly he hasn't trained for the past 2 days while negotiations have been on going.

Very unlikely Liverpool rumour: We will be getting Cavani.... (Makes little sense considering he'll be playing in the Champions League with Napoli)

It makes one iota more sense than the rumour that he was going to come to Chelsea this month. That brings it up to...er, one iota in total.

AVB had his press conference earlier and basically said that Chelsea are unlikely to get any new players in this window. He also really gave the sense that Kevin De Bruyne isn't his signing - went on about how it's all part of "the club's policy" which he "respects" and so on. But then I gather that if the KDB signing happens it'd be a loan-back-until-the-summer sort of deal, so it's kind of moot whether it happens now or later.

Also indicated that Willian might be more a summer target than a January one.

• Admin

Man Utd have agreed to loan Mame Diouf out to Hannover 96.

AC Milan have have dropped out of the running to sign Argentina striker Carlos Tevez from Manchester City. Managing director Adriano Galliani claimed they came "ever so close" to agreeing a deal for the 27-year-old. Milan have now signed Maxi Lopez from Catania on loan instead.

Shane Lowry has left Aston Villa to permanently join Millwall.