Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

"What.... is the minimum requirement for the Quick Hands perk?"

"What do you mean, statistic or level requirement?"

*Watches headasplode, collects a nifty robe*

Also holy shit this part of Fallout 2. Can't go half a grid square without being buttfucked by deathclaws, xenomorphs, or mutants.

I thought this was supposed to be southwest california, not southwest florida

48 minutes ago, K said:

when i was younger i used to really enjoy one of the hitman games, are the newer ones any good, and what should i go for?

The two most recent ones are really really good!

Like both Ruki and Cloudy said, the latest Hitman remakes are true to form on the level and even better than the original Hitman quadrology. Apart from Absolution, which was an abomination, the remakes got things completely right.

I think the only things you can mark down on (the new) Hitman 1/2 is that they came out episodic and thus you need to get every episode on its own to get the full package, I know that nowadays that's less of an issue since they sell complete editions that go on sale plenty of times, but that was a bit of a minus. Also, less missions, but that is offset by challenge modes and mission designers that allow you to make changes and challenges out of existing maps.

There are also a plethora of ways to go through the missions as with the original titles, and arguably there are a lot more permutations to happen within the missions depending on how you do them which can lead to different situations entirely.

27 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Like both Ruki and Cloudy said, the latest Hitman remakes are true to form on the level and even better than the original Hitman quadrology. Apart from Absolution, which was an abomination, the remakes got things completely right.

I think the only things you can mark down on (the new) Hitman 1/2 is that they came out episodic and thus you need to get every episode on its own to get the full package, I know that nowadays that's less of an issue since they sell complete editions that go on sale plenty of times, but that was a bit of a minus. Also, less missions, but that is offset by challenge modes and mission designers that allow you to make changes and challenges out of existing maps.

There are also a plethora of ways to go through the missions as with the original titles, and arguably there are a lot more permutations to happen within the missions depending on how you do them which can lead to different situations entirely.

Hitman 2 wasn't episodic. They did some post release DLC, but when the game first came out the entire Hitman 2 core experience was there.

One of the cooler things that they did was redo the Hitman missions in the Hitman 2 engine and make it all accessible from Hitman 2 if you owned the first one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

This week's Humble Bundle has Cities: Skylines and its expansions. £1 gets you the game and £14.50 gets you all the expansions. There's also a middle tier, as usual.

:angry: Of course it does the month after I went full-ham and dropped $200 on it. Keep meaning to play it.

32 minutes ago, El Tiburon said:

So, I built a PC. I'm kinda pumped to jump into a whole bunch of new games, but I'm also wondering what you guys are into? Always looking for recommendations. 

What kinda games are you normally interested in?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, El Tiburon said:

So, I built a PC. I'm kinda pumped to jump into a whole bunch of new games, but I'm also wondering what you guys are into? Always looking for recommendations. 

What'cha put into it?

Anyway,  can't go wrong with House Party :shifty:....

....but anyway I've been playing the shit out of Diablo 2 lately. Universe Sandbox is great if you're bored, wanting to kill time, and in the mood for either nice background music or being a sadistic chode. Crusader Kings 2/AGOT mod is also great albeit with a rather sizable learning curve if that's not your type of game.

But really, whatcha playing on console at the moment? Assuming that there's a PC port, you've got a decent starting point to work with.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RazorsEdge said:

What kinda games are you normally interested in?

5 minutes ago, Linda Killmaster said:

What'cha put into it?

Anyway,  can't go wrong with House Party :shifty:....

....but anyway I've been playing the shit out of Diablo 2 lately. Universe Sandbox is great if you're bored, wanting to kill time, and in the mood for either nice background music or being a sadistic chode. Crusader Kings 2/AGOT mod is also great albeit with a rather sizable learning curve if that's not your type of game.

But really, whatcha playing on console at the moment? Assuming that there's a PC port, you've got a decent starting point to work with.

I play a little bit of everything. I used to play a lot of shooters, and I still play a decent amount of Apex Legends. Been playing a lot of GTA V online recently, too. Some of my friends have tried to get me into League of Legends, but I haven't tried it yet. When I was on PS2, I was mostly playing Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty, and MLB The Show a lot. 

3 minutes ago, El Tiburon said:

I play a little bit of everything. I used to play a lot of shooters, and I still play a decent amount of Apex Legends. Been playing a lot of GTA V online recently, too. Some of my friends have tried to get me into League of Legends, but I haven't tried it yet. When I was on PS2, I was mostly playing Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty, and MLB The Show a lot. 

Red Dead Redemption 2 is a good shout then if your rig can handle it. There's a lot of shooters like CoD and Battlefield to pick from.

• Like 1