Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Not buying any games this time, after all. Was hoping to shave at least two or three games off my wishlist, but ended up buying something off Amazon, and I went to a used bookstore today and bought a book and several movies.

Anyone been playing sludge life? It's free on the Epic Game Store and it's buck wild. It's essentially just the Graffiti side quest from GTA San Andreas, but it's set in this weird, druggy, psychedelic surreal urban city wasteland thing. You just go around looking for the locations to tag, but along the way you get sucked into this narrative of this island town that's just incredibly dull and everyone hates it. You smoke cigarettes and take mushrooms and trip out, meet these weird cartoon characters, piss in toilets, spit in people's food, there's a cat with two assholes, a flasher whose dick is his own face. It's great.

kUl8hu2.jpg

RMroWrw.jpg

439744546.jpg

Desktop-Screenshot-2020.06.01-11.38.40.8

4 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I'm having fun with Divinity 2. I think combat in the turn-based strategy style has become my favourite type of gameplay.

Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden is similar in style.

Guess I should buy some of the sale games that are on my wishlist before this thing runs out. 

I'll more than likely end up getting;

The Forest 

Stranded Deep

Thief Simulator

Firewatch 

Dead Island Definitive

Plus, I also have Grounded on there, but it's not coming to early access til the end of the month.

The 5 games above just pass the £30 mark so I'll get them for £25, then I'll have another £25 sitting there for when Grounded comes out, which should be more than enough to cover it hopefully. 

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

Guess I should buy some of the sale games that are on my wishlist before this thing runs out. 

I'll more than likely end up getting;

The Forest 

Stranded Deep

Thief Simulator

Firewatch 

Dead Island Definitive

Plus, I also have Grounded on there, but it's not coming to early access til the end of the month.

The 5 games above just pass the £30 mark so I'll get them for £25, then I'll have another £25 sitting there for when Grounded comes out, which should be more than enough to cover it hopefully. 

You'll probably only get one playthrough out of Firewatch but it is a great game, highly recommend.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I'm having fun with Divinity 2. I think combat in the turn-based strategy style has become my favourite type of gameplay.

You'll like the Harebrained Schemes Shadowrun and Battletech games, then. Also Phantom Doctrine, though Phantom Doctrine is less turn-based combat and more turned based Metal Gear Solid. (In that's it's geared towards stealth and open combat is mostly a last resort; no giant mecha, psychic powers, and nanomachines son to be found.)

• Like 1

So all of my Steam games are crashing. Disco Elysium is opening to the logo screen and then closing. No error message. No anything. I tried Divinity and it's not even getting that far. It says "Starting" and then does nothing and goes back to the "Start Game" button.

24 minutes ago, Forked Out said:

So all of my Steam games are crashing. Disco Elysium is opening to the logo screen and then closing. No error message. No anything. I tried Divinity and it's not even getting that far. It says "Starting" and then does nothing and goes back to the "Start Game" button.

Can you verify game cache for the games that do not load/work?

Just now, Paton said:

Can you verify game cache for the games that do not load/work?

Yup. Did that. Both came back fine. I've restarted computer. I've uninstalled both games and reinstalled it. I just uninstalled the games and the client and then reinstalled it. We'll see if that works. I updated my drivers as well.

and it's doing the same fucking thing!

Any Windows updates you haven't installed yet?