Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

To sate my racing and management game cravings, I found an old game called ''Grand Prix Manager''. And to my surprise the modding community is alive for that 15 year old game too, and it had a 2014 mod.

In essence it's just another management game, but with an F1 team. You hire designers, engineers, and mechanics, and you assign them tasks like designing a better turbo system or different aero parts.

Then you woo sponsors in adding their labels to your cars, helmets, and suits to get extra money. And you test the car to try and maximise it's abilities...

Oh and you get to sign drivers, which includes test drivers. And there are even pay-drivers if you need extra money, which is useful when you're trying to go into the deep end from the get go...

Anyways, it's a pretty basic and old game. And it's extremely hard to get into. I tried to be foolish and start out with Caterham, and as expected I got my ass handed to me in every race because the car is a piece of shit.

I doubt anyone here has played the game, or even heard of it. But who knows, maybe someone has and can give me some pointers, because real guides are hard to find.

That is all...

The one from around 1996? I believe the game Rabbit used for his F1 diary a couple of years back.

I think you'll find that Midget, and to a lesser extent Meacon and myself, have been crowing about Speedrunners for months. :/

Yeah but TEOL bought a copy for me yesterday.

• Like 3

To sate my racing and management game cravings, I found an old game called ''Grand Prix Manager''. And to my surprise the modding community is alive for that 15 year old game too, and it had a 2014 mod.

In essence it's just another management game, but with an F1 team. You hire designers, engineers, and mechanics, and you assign them tasks like designing a better turbo system or different aero parts.

Then you woo sponsors in adding their labels to your cars, helmets, and suits to get extra money. And you test the car to try and maximise it's abilities...

Oh and you get to sign drivers, which includes test drivers. And there are even pay-drivers if you need extra money, which is useful when you're trying to go into the deep end from the get go...

Anyways, it's a pretty basic and old game. And it's extremely hard to get into. I tried to be foolish and start out with Caterham, and as expected I got my ass handed to me in every race because the car is a piece of shit.

I doubt anyone here has played the game, or even heard of it. But who knows, maybe someone has and can give me some pointers, because real guides are hard to find.

That is all...

I played Grand Prix Manager a few years ago. I remember it being incredibly hard (especially because I didn't understand all the minutia of F1) but it was rad. It's super cool to see that the game is still being modded now.

This is the game I use. It's from 1996.

GrandPrixManager2BoxArt.jpg

I still have the box and everything. :)

This game is glorious. And also unbelievably hard.

QFFT. I tried to cheat and made all my parts 10* and all, and my Force India still got wrecked by Mercedes.

Also, both of you can expect a PM where I beg for a little guide haha.

I think you'll find that Midget, and to a lesser extent Meacon and myself, have been crowing about Speedrunners for months. :/

I take a more direct approach.

Wont get it till voting ends, small print seems to say from Oct 23rd you'll be told how and where to redeem. Got Civ 5 last year through this so it's all on the up and up.

• Like 2

I take a more direct approach. I have millions of dollars.

:o

Separately: Vote for some awards, get XCom Enemy Unknown for free. My long nightmare is finally over. Now I can start a new one!

millions_of_dollars__by_cardboard_kira-d

• Like 2

No problem waiting for that bad boy. Gives me time to throw down on some Costume Quest II, after all.

Six more days!

Now it's tomorrow! Finally pre-ordered my copy in order to get the classic costumes.

7 Days to Die has also slipped below the $20 mark, so I grabbed it. Meacon, let's get to building huts and getting eaten!

So, I've been on the fence for a long time, but I'm finally buying a racing wheel.

I'm getting a Logitech Driving Force GT

So, wondering if anyone else got experience with racing wheels, and if so, do you have any tips to help me get used to driving with a wheel as quick as possible.

• Like 1

No problem waiting for that bad boy. Gives me time to throw down on some Costume Quest II, after all.

Six more days!

Now it's tomorrow! Finally pre-ordered my copy in order to get the classic costumes.

7 Days to Die has also slipped below the $20 mark, so I grabbed it. Meacon, let's get to building huts and getting eaten!

Yes! Ellis! Cloudy! Whomever else! Let us (lettuce!) 7 Days to Die it soon.

Six more days!

Yes! Ellis! Cloudy! Whomever else! Let us (lettuce!) 7 Days to Die it soon.
I have that.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I have the game!