General Gaming Thread

TKz

On April 2nd, Rock Band will release its final weekly DLC. For PS3 owners, this effectively ends the DLC run (as 360 owners can still utilize the Rock Band Network to submit songs). According to Harmonix, there are also no new DLC projects or Rock Band projects in the works.

With this, my reasoning for owning a PS3 just became very thin.

On April 2nd, Rock Band will release its final weekly DLC. For PS3 owners, this effectively ends the DLC run (as 360 owners can still utilize the Rock Band Network to submit songs). According to Harmonix, there are also no new DLC projects or Rock Band projects in the works.

Ugh. I figured this was coming soon. And I just started getting in Rock Band again as my the only thing I really wanted to do with my 360. Meh.

4000 song library, thats hardly thin.

• Like 1

we should play that game together!

Heh, I bought Chivalry for £6.20 the other day at greenmangaming. It's pretty good, I can't see myself playing too much of it and I've encountered quite a few bugs but it's a nice enough game.

The reason my desire to own a PS3 has become thin is that there will be nothing new to look forward to on Rock Band. I've kept up and purchased all the DLC that interested me, so by saying there's nothing else coming up, why would I go back and get things I was not interested in previously?

Then you'd have to rebuy all the DLC which sounds horribly expensive.

I think we're on different wavelengths here. With no new DLC, I find myself with little reason to return and play RB3. With little reason to return and play RB3, I must look to other games to keep me interested in the PS3. If there are little to no games to intrigue me in a PS3, I may just want to go elsewhere for my video game entertainment.

Satellite television logic aside, it just stinks to see what had become an institution of post-release support finally die off.

I'm disappointed that the Rock Band DLC is coming to an end, although to be honest they've been getting lazy in the last few months as it is (most weeks it's just songs imported from other RB titles like Blitz or Green Day). I'm a singer so I have to be a bit picky with my song selections (i.e. if I don't know them well enough I won't download them) so my DLC library isn't that big and replaying it can be a bit of a chore unless I'm in the mood.

I take it there's no plans for a Rock Band 4 any time soon?

Nope.

I just hope that the servers stay up for a long time. RockBandNewwork just as much as the PSN for PS3. Would be sad if the game ends up being disc only tracks in a few years if you end up in a situation were you have to redownload (console switch, HDD fail)