General Gaming Thread

TKz

18 hours ago, Troy Saint said:

Given the drop in quality between Blood Money and Absolution, there's no chance in hell (Vince McMahon (C) 1999) I'm even contemplating a new Hitman game. Fool me once...

I'd definitely buy a Blood Money Remaster on PS4. That was fantastic.

I haven't properly given Silent Assassin and Contracts much more than a short go since I prefer Blood Money, but from what I've heard is that they are taking the new game back to the Silent Assassin/Contracts type of levels, I do recall that in Contracts there are levels that are bigger than those in Blood Money but tended to be rather sparse which I assume is why Blood Money was more contained and active.

I believe the main criticism towards Absolution is the fact that the game became very linier compared to previous titles, you had to go from A to B to C to D, where in previous titles you could go from D to A to C to B. There were features I love in Absolution, in particular the fact you need to be cautious using a disguise around people in the same clothes, it makes sence and leads you to find that unique disguise

Going back to the old games after Absolution was hard to do for me - being in a disguise that I should have NEVER been picked up on and getting fired on because I passed an invisible imaginary line just took a lot of the fun out of it. It became more of a puzzle game than anything else with systems like that - even if you're found out in the wrong costume in Absolution, most areas will see guys coming over to you first and not just instantly firing.

• Like 1

I found it annoying having to press a button to make a disguise work. Absolution as has been said was too linear and it also held your hand leading you through the levels. I preferred Blood Money because you had to figure out which disguises worked where and how to make it look like an accident, or you could just go and shoot everyone in sight.

3 hours ago, Benji said:

Why does it feel like every other indie release at the minute is a shitty faux retro sodding rogue-like? More variance is needed, damnit.

It really is getting over-saturated at the moment, and there are some REALLY good ones out there (Dungeon of the Endless) that are just getting lost in the shuffle a bit.

• Like 1

UFC 2 is pretty frigging awesome. The UFC 189 opening is pretty top notch, fights go on longer naturally and the new modes seem pretty excellent.

I like how my knockouts look like they land more, that's a very top notch thing. They traded having a Fight Now option with 4 or so people with having the whole Welterweight division (CM Punk included) and a Practice mode. Didn't feel the same but I guess it's probably due to letting people play more fighters and not having to package in the entrances, etc. You can also do online and start the MyTeam kind of thing they have going.

Ooh! And they have labeled what stick movements will get you into what position. Top notch.

• Like 1

I just heard about this, due out on Feb 9th, looks very reminiscent of Hitman so thought it might be of interest to some of you follow the discussion over the past few days. Maybe it could fill the void if you're all turning your back on the new one? Apparently this is the follow up to another 2 games called 'Death to Spies' which were very hard so...

Heard about that the other day. I'ma wait and see what the opinion is before getting it. The trailer alone has two glaring graphical issues, and considering that's supposed to be a highlight reel, it doesn't fill be with hope for attention to detail on bugs and issues in the final game.

The developer of Unravel shaking like a shitting dog was a highlight of last years show. Presumably everything would just be pre-recorded like Nintendo or when Konami/Bethasda does this kinda thing so stuff like that wont happen. Shame. It is mostly sports stuff so not too much of value is lost but there's still the odd interesting thing like that or the PvZ2 or Peggle 2 reveal.

37 minutes ago, Ellisnezer Scrooge said:

The developer of Unravel shaking like a shitting dog was a highlight of last years show. Presumably everything would just be pre-recorded like Nintendo or when Konami/Bethasda does this kinda thing so stuff like that wont happen. Shame. It is mostly sports stuff so not too much of value is lost but there's still the odd interesting thing like that or the PvZ2 or Peggle 2 reveal.

God bless you.

E3 has been dying for a while, and I'm surprised that it took this long. Little by little as companies pull out it's just going to make less and less sense. From a company standpoint, it makes a heck of a lot of sense for the bigger guys to do isolated events where all eyes are on them. Maybe E3 will stay around as a way for smaller companies to showcase some of their products but it's hardly what it used to be.

Sooo.. Hearthstone is introducing a standard format to the game, the same as the kind of format Magic: The Gathering uses. They're still keeping the "old" play style around and calling it "Wild". When a new season starts, you can choose if you want your ranked play to be either Standard or Wild format. Wild allows you to use any card from any expansion in your decks, while Standard won't include Goblins vs. Gnomes or Naxxramas Adventure cards, and much like M:tG, with the release of new expansions and adventures, old expansions/adventures will be rotated out of Standard play. 

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/19995505/a-new-way-to-play-2-2-2016