General Gaming Thread

TKz

Well, I can say right now I'm not beating Riddler because fuck those races.

10 hours ago, Benji said:

Chalupa Batman is my birth name.

_71075377_batman-suparman-02a.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, This Is APSHAM said:

I know that going into first person for the races helped me GREATLY in that game.

Oh man that made so much difference.

• Like 1

Oh and I think I'm happy in this game without the Batman Beyond skin. The BB skin looks cool but this Batman 3000 skin is awesome.

maurizio-memoli-batman-jl3000lr.jpg?1437

Vs

1024?cb=20160319182810

It's like the best of Beyond a d Flashpoint Batman melded together.

I could not be Batman. I'd just beat Riddler to death after a puzzle.

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

The whole "I'm not killing anyone" excuse runs thin by this game anyway. He's running down thugs at full speed in a car.

I love that Uncharted 2 calls Drake out on that. He's all like "I can't kill another man" and then the bad guy is like "are you freaking kidding me? You've mercilessly slaughtered a literal army of people to get to me."

• Like 2

Alot of people that write Batman dial that vow back a bit to not going out of his way to kill people and even saving bad guys but not getting completely hung up on it if a bad guy dies. In AK he honestly doesn't seem that bothered that he couldn't save Joker in AC. His hang up is the idea of Joker coming back.

What's that, Riddler? You're going to hide in that hole til I solve all your riddles? My prize is to fight you? Ahahaha.

image.jpg

Arkham Knight identity spoilers

Spoiler

Well, that was the most abrupt babyface turn I've ever seen. He's all tortured and full of hate when he fights Bruce then a couple hours later he turns up wordlessly to shoot  at Scarecrow with a bat painted on his chest.

Also, like fuck Bruce wouldn't look at Arkham for him. It's the perfect place to detain someone! I liked my reasoning for his name better. I was assuming it was a red herring he chose to throw Bruce off of figuring out who he was. Like, he knows how Bruce would search records. Every time Bruce had Alfred narrow the search h he kept Arkham inmate as criteria. I was expecting Alfred to have a stroke of genius and remove Arkham so the computer would figure it out.

Finished Arkham Knight. Youtubed the true end because fuck Riddler.

Spoiler

Honestly? I like the ideas behind this storyline but it was terribly put together. The whole thing is built on the mystery of AK and about  2/3rd of the way through it starts beating you over the head with Jason Todd when Jason had never been mentioned in theses games before. They didn't even try to camouflage it by having The Joker in Bruce's head go over other terrible shit he's done to Batman and friends.

And I don't like the true ending. "Bruce is dead and only Batman remains to be an urban legend once more". It craps on Bruce and the Batfamily by saying they made Batman less effective and weaker. If I were writing it Scarecrow would have had a backup plan with Bane and unmasked Bruce would have to fight him. They'd go down together in flames in Wayne Towers and Batman would be dead. The ending would show Dick, Jason, Tim and Azrael(and maybe Selina) all carrying on Bruce's mission with Oracle in their ears showing that he brought change to the world and left Gotham with more than one protector. The 100% end would show that Bruce isn't dead, just retired due to injury and that could tease the idea of a Batman Beyond game.

Also, Dick should have saved Bruce from Scarecrow. Jason didn't need to be there.