General Gaming Thread

TKz

Formed Italy for the first time on EU4 last night (as Milan). Considering how badly I got wrecked when I previously attempted this as Naples or the Papal State, this feels like a good achievement (not to mention, quite literally, a Steam achievement).

It's at this point I look across at the Ottomans who have somehow managed to amass 3x as many troops as their closest European competitor (who isn't me - I'm like 6th). I have about 50,000 troops and they have over 200,000. Fucking hell.

Basically I'm just going to sit here for the next 100 years and hope that some bizarre combination of factors gives me the opportunity to DoW on Tunis without the Ottomans interceding. The fact that being all pally with the Ottomans means Tunis are allowed to dominate the North African coast despite being utter pish really insults my sensibilities, you see.

Looks like Far Cry 5 post launch content isn't going to expand the story of the game, but is going to be three Blood Dragon-like scenarios instead. One that takes places in Vietnam, one that takes place on Mars and another that is a zombies horde mode experience. The remaster of Far Cry 3 is also included.

On 5-3-2018 at 18:17, Fly Eagles Fly said:

Read the comments. ALL THE FUCKING SALTINESS IN THE WORLD.

I mean I can understand the frustration. I have Horizon, so the trucks and suv's are somewhat applicable to the open world setting, but FM7 is a track racer, and the last car i'd be interested in driving on a racing track is a big honking truck. It feels like pack-filling, and if every car adds to the price of the pack, I can fully get why people get angery about cars like those.

I mean, judging by the reviews I've read and watched regarding Forza 7, I'd be more pissed off at the way you're forced to purchase (with credits) a bunch of cars you'll never drive just to "tier up" to the next level of car.

There's something like 700 cars in the base game. If you've paid for a season pass because you want even more on top of that, more fool you.

Pre-ordered Far Cry 5 today because that pre-order package is far too good to give up. The DLC sounds amazing and you get Far Cry 3 as well. I can't remember the last time I was this hyped for a game, it just looks so god damned good.

Anyone else picking it up day 1? Looks like it'll be a lot of fun to co-op.

I'm not getting it day one-ish, but i'm looking on finding a good deal soon. I like that the DLC isn't stuff they ripped off disc and are a completely different type of game (i'm a sucker for the ridiculous stupidity of blood dragon).

One thing i'm slightly worried about is that because you can now create your protagonist, that they might lose personality in the process, or even relegated to mutes because Ubi didn't want to drop money for two (or more) voice actors for one role. It's one of my peeves with the major Ubi titles beyond AC, most protagonists are bland personalities. E.g. Division, Wildlands.

The prospect of playing the entire game co-op is exciting though, i'm all for more great co-op games because those are great!

Powered through the Burnout Remaster since Friday morning, leaving me a couple of trophies shy of the platinum. It's a bit easier than the original to get.

Got A Way Out coming on Friday and Far Cry next Tuesday, so it's a busy time for gaming!