General Gaming Thread

TKz

How well has Spyro aged? Is anything of it frustratingly hard, like the first Crash Bandicoot? I didn't pick up the N. Sane Trilogy because I already have the PS1 versions on Vita, but I'd consider looking at Spyro because I've never played any of them.

On 4/5/2018 at 04:13, stokerino said:

Finished the South Park: Fractured But Whole game last night. Is it just my perception, or was it a substantially shorter/blander game than Stick of Truth was?

I just fought Mitch Conner last night and I was thinking the same. I'm enjoying the game but nowhere near as much as I did Stick Of Truth. 

On 05/04/2018 at 19:13, stokerino said:

Finished the South Park: Fractured But Whole game last night. Is it just my perception, or was it a substantially shorter/blander game than Stick of Truth was?

They’re about the same length (FBW is probably an hour or so longer) but besides the combat I didn’t enjoy it as much as SoT (which I replayed again after beating FBW, still holds up) SoT had plenty of memorable moments (the Alien Spaceship, the school section and Canada just to name a few) but the only thing that really sticks out in my mind in FBW is the first Human Kite 2 fight (and only because of how it ended)

On 4/5/2018 at 07:13, stokerino said:

I felt this way too. I don't know if it was the change to the combat, or just the story being less fun. I just liked the Stick Of Truth better.

37 minutes ago, Toe said:

I felt this way too. I don't know if it was the change to the combat, or just the story being less fun. I just liked the Stick Of Truth better.

Upon reflection, I think it's just less variety in the side-missions and plot points. Stick of Truth felt like it swerved you with random (fun) nonsense much more regularly, whereas so much of FBW has just going back and forth between the two superhero groups.

Finished AC2

Probably won't get Brotherhood until it's on sale so real quick:

Spoiler

Does Templar Pope survive? Cause not ensuring his death seems like a really good way to get fucked in the sequel.

Much better game than AC1 (especially when you get the capes giving you free reign to sock the bards). Could not give less of a fuck about Desmond though.

4 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

Hide contents

Does Templar Pope survive? Cause not ensuring his death seems like a really good way to get fucked in the sequel.

Yep. In the next game most of the trouble comes from his kids, though.

4 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

Much better game than AC1 (especially when you get the capes giving you free reign to sock the bards). Could not give less of a fuck about Desmond though.

You and everyone else on this planet.

• Like 1

I mean

Spoiler

Sparing Templar Pope makes absolutely no goddamn sense. Okay fine, you wouldn't get any satisfaction from it. Good on you, Ezio. But he's also the motherfucking Pope.

A problem with basing the game's villains off of real historical people. They couldn't kill him because that would ruin history, so they had to come up with some half-assed excuse why Ezio wouldn't want to prevent the Templar Grand Master from becoming the most powerful person in the christian world.

Next on my playlist was Layers of Fear.

Barely playable on my laptop but had a good time. Some of those 'scares' were more hilarious than creepy though.