General Gaming Thread

TKz

11 hours ago, Pentashám Jr. said:

Yeah, everything that gets presented well go to as it's own video usually.

More and more seem to be following Nintendo's brand of fast, get to the point stuff.

Nintendo's presentation lasted about 25 minutes last year, and yet it had the most interesting content. I do enjoy some of the silly E3 stuff, but the Nintendo Direct style is great if you don't have much time to spare.

On 27/05/2018 at 04:24, Pentashám Jr. said:

I'm playing and enjoying it because I have the game pass and I didn't pay for the game as a whole - it's been long enough since I played the original and I'm a fan enough of some of the minor additions they made, but the game itself has that whole 'stresses you out on purpose' vibe to it that I'm probably not going to stick with for all that long.

This is exactly me. I enjoy dropping in and playing it for like half an hour at a time but the fact that the game is designed to make you uncomfortable/make things always feel like they're one bad break away from disaster means it's probably not for me at all in the long run.

21 hours ago, Ollie said:

Melee/stealth build in Fallout 4 is hilariously overpowered and I fucking love it. I'm only level 17 and I'm practically untouchable.

It's annoying how bad Bethesda is at balancing stealth. That and Skyrim's infamous "stealth archers" are absurdly overpowered compared to other builds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benji said:

It's annoying how bad Bethesda is at balancing stealth. That and Skyrim's infamous "stealth archers" are absurdly overpowered compared to other builds.

Its to the point that when crouched, sometimes dudes will just run straight past me.

Add that to the combination of perks that up my melee damage, up my damage when standing still and the ability to do ranged melee attacks in VATS and it's a cake walk at level 17.

Probably going to up the difficulty level this evening, try and give myself at least some challenge.

I've heard people before say that, if anything, upping it all the way made it easier since you start getting the legendary item drops.  

I can see how pure melee would help perkwise since, when I was using guns, I was always switching between say a pistol, energy weapon etc so never felt able to sink my points into just one kind specific gun type. 

Edited by King Vitamin Ellis

stealth melee might be the best route from optimization purposes, but unarmed build is even more fun

Edited by OctoberRavenO

On 28/05/2018 at 11:10, Jericode said:

The first Digimon world game was amazing. Never really followed the series after that though, it lost out to Pokemon and Yugioh in my interests pretty fast.

The process of leveling up in that game was so tedious. It took forever. And it was so hard to get your Digimon to digivolve the way you wanted it to. Plus there is this whole thing about your Digimon having to go to the toilet. If you just let your Digimon shit wherever it wants his morale would go down and it will digivolve into something lame. The way I remember the game is that your Digimon had to shit a lot and toilets were relatively scarce so getting to one usually involved a lot of backtracking.  When you were out and about exploring the world you had to make sure that you were never too far away from a toilet. That could get especially annoying if you are in a new area and you haven't discovered the toiled yet. And IIRC there were no portable toilets that you could buy in shops. 

The 2nd Digimon World game on the PSX was a dungeon crawler and if you're not into that you might as well skip it. The third game (known as Digimon World 2003 in Europe and Australia) was more like a traditional JRPG. Even more so than the first game. It was a lot of fun. You should check it out. Never played any of the Digimon World games after that. 

Edited by Hellraiser

The whole "de-evolving" thing in Digimon was the killer for me. "Oh you finally got up to Greymon? Well fuck you, lose your progress and start all over again". Like, what on earth would possess me to continue if you take away all my achievement so far and it will happen every time I feel like I am getting somewhere?

1 hour ago, Benji said:

The whole "de-evolving" thing in Digimon was the killer for me. "Oh you finally got up to Greymon? Well fuck you, lose your progress and start all over again". Like, what on earth would possess me to continue if you take away all my achievement so far and it will happen every time I feel like I am getting somewhere?

To be fair the Digimon don't stay evolved in the anime the games are based on either. They usually just digivolve when they are in danger and need to fight. So that is jus the games staying true to the anime. 

58 minutes ago, Benji said:

I know that, but staying true to the show is a shit mechanic in those games. There were better ways to handle it (see stuff like mega evolution in Pokémon).

Which Digimon game are you talking about? Because I don't remember having to de-evolve in the first or third Digimon World game. I'm pretty sure you could if you weren't happy with the outcome of the digivolution but I don't remember being forced to de-evolve. I remember that in the first game your Digimon eventually "dies" if you treat it badly or play long enough and you have to start over. Are you talking about Cyber Sleuth?

Digimon World 2003 (I believe that's the third one) was my shit back in the day. I got rid of it at some point and now it's like £30 on ebay. Lame.