General Gaming Thread

TKz

3 minutes ago, Colombaddar said:

Up for a game whenever!

Also, let me know if you have any issues copying the files over.

Columbia National Team and some French League 2 team. I can't remember what they're called. Those two wouldn't import. I tried twice and it didn't work. I just wanted to play a game or two, so I just imported the Prem league for tonight.

Lost 2-1 to Burnley (with Leicester) in whatever the default difficulty settings are. I had two headers that probably should've gone in if I was decent at all, and I took a last minute shot with Okazaki from about 30 yards out in the 93rd minute, that I probably should've held on to for a little bit longer since I had space. But I freaked out that I was open and needed to score and took what I was given. It looked like it was heading for the goal but tailed off way before it got close. :shifty: 

• Like 2

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXtend has arguably the most unfortunate acronym in gaming.

Or fortunate, if you're into that, I guess.

Almost finished the Fallout 4 DLC, then I'm going to finish the main game.

It is by far the worst Fallout game, and yet I've put over 200 hours into it. There's far too much emphasis on combat with barely any opportunity to use charisma/intelligence to progress, the lack of a level cap has trivialized any semblance of difficulty, the story isn't particularly engaging, all four of the main factions are dull as dishwater and don't get me started on the radiant quests, which are the most obvious bit of padding I've ever seen.

And yet that gameplay loop is still so god dammed satisfying.

As for the DLC, Automatron was alright for what it was, pretty fun quest but I've got barely any interest in building stuff.

The workshop DLC's were again, not really for me.

Far Harbour was excellent, probably the best part of the game by a country mile, the main quest was excellent with a whole bunch of choices. DiMA was one of the best characters in the whole game and the Children of Atom were gloriously bonkers.

I'm not as invested in Nuka-World, the actual map is great and there's some fun stuff but the main quest isn't particularly engaging and having to go back and forth from the Commonwealth is a bit shit.

It's a far cry from how good some of Fallout 3 and New Vegas' DLC was, and it's just all been a bit underwhelming.

But again, my criticisms aren't shit considering the amount of time I've put into this game. I can call it mediocre all I want, it still sunk it's hooks in more than most over games ever have.

Well it won't be the worst Fallout anymore once 76 comes out >.>

Really the non-radiant sidequests are the best parts... shame there's only so many of them.

And so many missed opportunities. The racetrack and the Combat Zone could have easily been their own settlements but ended up being 'lol moar raiders'.

It also would have been awesome if there were more "Speak as Shroud" moments. Hell if it were up to me, every damn dialogue moment in the game would have a Speak as Shroud option. Even the intro to reward clever modders.

"Don't worry little Shaun, the SILLLLVER SHROOOOUD will be right here with youuuuuu"

That's the thing - I rarely see people say that Fallout 4 is a bad game, I often hear that it's a bad Fallout game and depending on your experience with the and how you qualify that, that can certainly be the case.

Excited to start a game with the Live Another Life equivalent mod.

Theoretically you could trigger event flags to bypass most if not all of the main storyline. That'd mean the only way to join the Institute is to start as an Institute member without modifying dialogue, though the other factions should still be playable.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Is there a mod similar to the Skyrim one for different starts then? 

If so, do they still play out with the same core storyline of finding your son? 

I'm not sure how it works past what I read at the start - you do character creation like normal and then it states that you're in a simulation and you can choose to play out the standard opening or do one of the other openings. It'd be interesting to see how they handle the Institute stuff, yeah.

I was playing GT Sport and I executed a perfect overtake of a fellow motor sportsman who proceeded to call me "fat" over the microphone. I use the quotation marks because I can't be sure if he was using the urban vernacular of "phat" meaning "dope, fly or held to a certain standard of excellence" or if he was just calling me morbidly obese. Please advise.  

1 hour ago, John Stones' Paint Trophy said:

I was playing GT Sport and I executed a perfect overtake of a fellow motor sportsman who proceeded to call me "fat" over the microphone. I use the quotation marks because I can't be sure if he was using the urban vernacular of "phat" meaning "dope, fly or held to a certain standard of excellence" or if he was just calling me morbidly obese. Please advise.  

I don't think the kids say phat anymore, so either your internet connection goes through a fourth dimensional wormhole making you play against someone from the late 1990s or....

My new controller arrived.

IMG_20180708_184347.jpg

Now all I need is a classic grey skin for the PS4.

QdvrNLp.jpg

This game is the best.

On 06/07/2018 at 14:45, Apsham said:

That's the thing - I rarely see people say that Fallout 4 is a bad game, I often hear that it's a bad Fallout game and depending on your experience with the and how you qualify that, that can certainly be the case.

Excited to start a game with the Live Another Life equivalent mod.

Absolutely, it's impossible to call it a bad game because it's still an incredible amount of fun to play, and even with the jank and the bugs and the bad animations that we've all come to expect from an open world Bethesda game, it's still so satisfying to play.

Anyway, I finished it last night, and with some strategic save scumming I managed to see all of the major quest lines to their conclusion.

The last 3rd of the game is definitely an improvement, story-wise, with everything that happens after you find the Institute being great. It's still the worst Fallout game by far, but hey, that was a damn fun 220 hours of my life.

• Like 1

Fallout 4 is a great game just like Battlefront 2 (reboot) is a great game. Truly good things in the game, but it's still drenched in some really terrible shit pushed into it by the developer/publisher for the sake of maximizing profits.

Fallout 4 has all needed to make a great game, but then it also has that forced on mod marketplace that basically has Bethesda taking a significant cut from the hard work of all the volunteers that made their own mods for F4 and want to put it on the Steam workshop. It's a cynical monetisation strategy that has always been disliked by the majority of the fanbase, but despite being pushed back multiple times they still came back and put it in anyways when people were tired of getting up in arms about it.

Additionally I personally feel Bethesda has the feel to make a world, but not the feel to fill it up with interesting characters and stories. 

Then again, i'm a very cynical gamer that has let his opinions be clouded by the actions of bethesda, and I admittedly have never played F4 properly because of it. I know it's a great game, but I can't get over my dislike for what the dev has done in the past.

There's interesting characters in Fallout 4. Problem is like 80% of them are companions.

It's a pretty strong roster of companions, though. Well, except Strong.