General Gaming Thread

TKz

Anyone remember Dinosaur Tycoon?

yOlRo9t.jpg

I played a friend of mine in The Show once. When she was at bat, she missed everything she swung at. When I was at bat, everything I hit was deep. I think I dropped thirteen runs on her before she got tired and we decided I had an unfair advantage since I owned the game and she didn't even own a system.

Anyway, I haven't seen a beating that bad in a video game until I watched Kenny Omega against Big E.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can anyone recommend a useful tutorial/guide YT channel for Monster Hunter World? For weapons mostly, like I enjoy using the insect glaive but I feel like maybe I'm missing a couple of things and I don't get how the insect part works. 

6 hours ago, King of Pain Ellis said:

Can anyone recommend a useful tutorial/guide YT channel for Monster Hunter World? For weapons mostly, like I enjoy using the insect glaive but I feel like maybe I'm missing a couple of things and I don't get how the insect part works. 

This is THE guy. It's a long video - but he'll cover everything. Essentially it's "send bug out, each body part is a different colour and each colour gives you a different boost, bring bug back to get boost" - you'll probably want a list of colours, what they do and the different combos.

• Like 1

Couple games I'm trying to think of to see if they're on Steam or something:

1) Was on the N64, don't know if it was an exclusive. Spy game with turn-based RPG combat. You could German Suplex people.

2) PC game, late-80s/early 90s. Top down shooter in a maze. Sci-fi setting. Game over screen had the lantern-jawed hero laying down dead with the caption 'Another One Bites The Dust' and Chopin's funeral march playing.

12 minutes ago, OctoberRavenO said:

Couple games I'm trying to think of to see if they're on Steam or something:

1) Was on the N64, don't know if it was an exclusive. Spy game with turn-based RPG combat. You could German Suplex people.

2) PC game, late-80s/early 90s. Top down shooter in a maze. Sci-fi setting. Game over screen had the lantern-jawed hero laying down dead with the caption 'Another One Bites The Dust' and Chopin's funeral march playing.

1) Hybrid Heaven?

It may have been a British import. The computer I played it on also had a cricket game.

And yeah, it's Hybrid Heaven. Thanks!

Edited by OctoberRavenO
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Robotron? Smash TV? Total Carnage?

Neither of those.

Again it may have been a UK developer. One of the games I had was one which I'm sure was called Soccer Kid but the game Wiki says was called Soccer Kid came out in 1993 which... doesn't make sense, because I was playing this game when I was in kindergarten so 1990, 1991 at the latest.

Do you feel like in the process, you became anymore human?

On 17/06/2018 at 23:21, Liam Mk2 said:

I finished Detroit: Become Human today. 

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I played it, too. I liked it enough that I want to play it again and see if I can get a different outcome. I watched Jacksepticeye play it and he did completely different than me. Kara meant a lot to me, while Connor is Jack's "boy". Just a great game all around.

I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a great story.