General Gaming Thread

TKz

It's got the same type of David Cage-isms, like ham fisted social commentary and very unsubtle allusions to historical things. But I must admit that i've already seen three play throughs of it, and it's easily the best Quantic Dream that has been made despite its flaws. And it still has ambitions of being a film more than a game, but arguably it handles those limitations better in D:BH

I feel Connor story especially is really good, really good performances from Bryan Dechart and Clancy Brown.

And there seems to be plenty of chances for the story to deviate, so that's really nice.

The amount of changes and fixes that No Man's Sky made after release really makes me thing it should've come out as an Early Access title first, or at least held off on the release for a bit until the game could've lived up to expectations. Good to see the game is actually getting to that level now, though.

So this isn't exactly new or topical, but I've been gone for like four years, so, whatever.

Cuphead is the only game I ever pre-ordered and I could not have been happier with it.

• Like 1

On 12/07/2018 at 05:08, Baddar said:

Forza is the best. Horizon is a brilliant Arcade spin-off too.

Horizon was one of the most fun games I've played. I'm not a massive racing fan but I enjoyed it a lot. Might be partly because it was set in Australia instead of your usual faux-USA setting, the difficulty options and, my word, it looked gorgeous and handled well.

7 hours ago, Owen said:

I want to see Crash Bash and Crash Team Racing remastered. It's not gonna happen though, is it? :( 

CTR wouldn't totally surprise me. Crash Bash, on the other hand, seems very unlikely. They never even released the original version on PSN.

Something I only recently found out was that you could actually access every level in Crash Bash by entering a cheat code in the demo. It even worked with the demo version that came with Spyro 3, thanks to the developers forgetting to get rid of the code (which was likely used as a debug mode). It was only found several years after the game's release, so it wouldn't have affected game sales, but it does rank as one of the most interesting clangers a developer has dropped.

• Like 1

Finished the first episode of Life is Strange: Before the Storm. Pretty decent. The dialogue is not as bad as it was in the original game, and they at least made an attempt to explain why Chloe says 'hella' all the time. But the characters are still constantly referring to each other (and themselves) by their full names awfully often and that's just not something people generally do in real life. It's a nitpick, I know, but it totally takes me out of it.

Finished all of Before the Storm today. Sometimes it felt like some dialogue sections just went on for much longer than they needed to, and there's an annoying thing where if you click off the screen (onto another monitor or something) and then click back onto it, the cursor would always default to the return to last checkpoint button and so if you just immediately clicked back it would always take you to that last checkpoint which is a total pain in the ass and happened to me several times. Of course, that only applies to the PC version. Otherwise, it was good! Totally heart-wrenching at times, but also give you far too many options in decisions that ultimately don't matter at all which is an annoyance, especially when you can tell that they don't mean anything as you make them.