General Gaming Thread

TKz

I don't give a solitary shit about Harry Potter, but a decent open world RPG in that universe, that doesn't follow the plot of the books, could be fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skummy said:

I don't give a solitary shit about Harry Potter, but a decent open world RPG in that universe, that doesn't follow the plot of the books, could be fun.

Apparently the game is set in the 19th century and you're a newly arrived 5th year student at Hogwarts who "demonstrates a latent gift for magic with a unique ability to track and identify remnants of a [potent] ancient power" according to the reddit user who originally posted the leak.

The game is being developed by the Disney Infinity developer Avalanche Software.

9 hours ago, MexicoJack said:

"demonstrates a latent gift for magic with a unique ability to track and identify remnants of a [potent] ancient power"

Sounds like the plot of every traditional RPG. If there's ever a place for it, though, it might as well be in Harry Potter.

That Harry Potter game looks absolutely amazing!

Sidenote but the intro to Hedwig's theme has got to be one of the best and most fitting pieces of music ever put together. Instant goosebumps when it accompanies anything Harry Potter!

5 hours ago, The Banshee Fork said:

You know...for those who want to play an RPG....you could just come play WoW with me....and sometimes Cloudy. 😛 

995df4deabd225491386b9455ddf05e1--funny-

• Like 2

This has probably been discussed before, but I was just thinking about my first games for each console and was wondering how everyone else's lists looked.

Here's mine:
PS1: Aladdin in Nasira's Revenge
PS2: Spider-Man
GBA: Shrek 2/Shark Tale 2-in-1 (I think?)
DS: New Super Mario Bros
Wii: Super Paper Mario (still love that game)
Xbox 360: GTA 4 or SmackDown vs. Raw 2011
PS4: Need for Speed Rivals
3DS: Super Smash Bros.
Wii U: Super Mario Maker
PC (counting my gaming PC only): GTA 5
Switch: Super Mario Odyssey

Think that's everything.

Hmm...

N64 - Super Mario 64 (Funnily enough, this is when I found out Santa wasn't real :P)
PS1 - Spider-Man
PS2 - GTA III and Hulk (based on the crappy 2002 movie)
Gamecube - Luigi's Mansion or WrestleMania XIX, not entirely sure
Xbox - Raw 2
Gameboy Advance SP - Super Mario World
PSP - oh god... an NBA game I think?
Xbox 360 - Forza/Marvel Ultimate Alliance two in one bundle
PS4 - The Last of Us bundle
Wii U - New Super Mario Bros. U and Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
Switch - Super Mario Odyssey

Edited by Tyrone

Geez. I don't remember much past the early ones and that's only because they came with the console.

Nintendo: Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt

Sega: Sonic the Hedgehog

N64: Super Mario 64 and Super Mario 64/Mario Kart 64/Wave Race (console and games were all Christmas presents)

After that, I could not even begin to remember. I'm pretty sure I bought a PS2 with my own money and with it one of the NCAA football games, but I don't even remember every console I've owned, let alone the first games. :lol: 

Yeah I'm struggling. My Amiga came in a pack with New Zealand Story and Batman, and I think my PS2 came with Timesplitters 2? Outside of that I got my N64 second hand with a load of games but I think I bought No Mercy when it came out, no idea whatsoever on my PS3 or Wii, and god knows on PC. Civ 2 maybe? Ooh I also had a Gameboy. No idea. 

NES: Mario/Duck Hunt, natch

Game Boy: Tetris

SNES: Super Mario World and Street Fighter II Turbo

Game Gear: MMPR The Movie and Sonic 2

Game Boy Color: Pokemon Red and Blue

N64: Cruisin USA, maybe?

GameCube: Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, SSBM and Tony Hawk 3 (though I really wanted it for Eternal Darkness more than anything)

PS2: GTA 3

GBA: Fire Pro Wrestling

PS3: GTA 4, Fallout 3, UFC Undisputed

PS4: GTA 5, Infamous: Second Son, MGSV Ground Zeroes, TLOU (which was a bundle-in and I still felt ripped off by it)

Switch: Hyrule Legends Definitive, Bayonetta 2, Skyrim

PC: I don't remember the name of it but it was a cricket game.

Hmm.... I think....

NES: Mario/Duck Hunt

Sega Genesis: Aladdin & Sonic 2

SNES: I remember playing a lot of SNES, but I don't actually remember owning one.

N64: Mario Kart.

PS1: No idea, sadly. 

PS2: Pretty sure my PS2 was modded, so I got a whole bunch of pirated games at the same time. 

Gamecube: Smash (Although I think it was owned by a friend) or Phantasy Star Online

Xbox: Amped or Amped 2 I think. 

Xbox 360: Oblivion & Dead Rising

PS3: Valkyria Chronicals & Little Big Planet I believe

PS4: Knack & Battlefield 4

XBOX One: Halo MC Collection, Thief and.... I feel like there was one more.

PC: I think the earliest game I have on steam is Civ 4. 

For the handhelds... Gameboy: Super Mario Land

Sega Game Gear: Sonic

Gameboy Color: Likely Pokemon

DS: Some turn based, ninja, dungeon crawler

3DS: Fire Emblem Awakening

PS1: Gran Turismo 2
PS2: ...hmm, Freekstyle?
PS3: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
XBox: Never owned, played elsewhere but distinctly remember Jet Set Radio Future
X360: GTA 4
XOne: Never got into this, brother got one after I started gaming primarily on PC. Let's say GTA 5.
Dreamcast: Also never owned, but Crazy Taxi
PC: No clue. Diablo 2, NFS: Porsche Unleashed, Money Town, Future Cop LAPD(?) are all as far back as I can remember
GBA: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is the earliest I can remember.
DS: Mario Kart DS?
3DS: Mario Kart 7/Xenoblade Chronicles
N64: Interchangeable between Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing, and Super Mario 64.
Wii: Wii Sports Resort

If we're talking about systems we never actually owned than I played an Atari Lynx which had some Gauntlet clone with a 'nerd' class that was exactly what it sounded like. His weapon was books.

• Like 1

Phew...let's see what I can recall:

Atari:  Grand Prix, followed by Pitfall.
NES:  Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, followed by Marble Madness and Legend of Zelda II -- first game I ever beat on the system was Castlevania II
Sega Genesis:  Krusty's Fun House, followed by Sonic 1.  Only system I ever finished a Mortal Kombat on.
Apple IIe/PC:  Mines of Titan, followed by Win, Lose or Draw -- first game finished was Incubation
Game Boy:  Dr. Mario, followed by Super Mario Land and Tetris.  First completed game was Kirby's Dream Land.
SNES:  Super Mario World, also the first game finished, but was quickly followed by NBA Live '95, Link to the Past and Street Fighter II Turbo
N64:  Goldeneye 007, followed by Killer Instinct -- first finished was WCW/NWO Revenge's Championship Mode
Playstation:  Hardball 5, didn't actually finish a game on PS1 as I mostly played sports games
Gamecube:  Resident Evil 4, also the first game finished -- obsessed over Smash Bros. Melee, though
Playstation 2:  Need for Speed Underground 2, but finished Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 first.  Quick shout-out to the Slim PS2, though.
Nintendo DS:  Nintendogs!!!!
PSP:  Lumines, followed by MLB and Metal Gear Acid
Playstation 3:  Rock Band, which still haunts me to this day.  First game finished on the PS3 was Journey.
XBox:  Sigh...Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball, though I don't believe I ever rolled credits on an XBox title.  By this point, we have reached the time in my life where it would be almost impossible to complete a game.
XBox 360:  Minecraft, followed by all the GTAV.  Nothing 1000'd, though.
Playstation 4:  Flower, followed by Sound Shapes.  First game platinum'd was the 1.0 release of Rocket League.
Nintendo Switch:  The Legend of Zelda:  Breath of the Wild, followed by Splatoon 2Super Mario Odyssey is the first finished Switch game for me.

Mega Drive : Sonic

Snes: Robocop vs Terminator I'm almost certain.

Gameboy: Pokemon

Playstation: Possibly a Tekken or Tomb Raider.

PS2: GTA3

PS3: Gran Turismo (4? 5? Whichever had just came out)

PS4: Whichever COD came with Modern Warfare.

Xbox 360: Technically it was an Xbox original Half Life 2, before I got my first 360 game which was Dead Rising.

Xbox One: Dead Rising 3