General Gaming Thread

TKz

1 hour ago, Owen said:

Spyro arrived! Installing it now. 18GB patch is fun.

I'm already at 80% on the first game 😂

It's bloody lovely. I'll likely jump back into Red Dead before I move onto Spyro 2, but i love it. It's just one big nostalgic hug.

• Like 1

Just now, Ollie said:

I'm already at 80% on the first game

It's bloody lovely. I'll likely jump back into Red Dead before I move onto Spyro 2 but this is game is one big nostalgic hug.

Have you paid much attention to the soundtracks? Really curious as to how the remastered soundtrack compares to the original.

Picked it up, amazing remastering of the game in every way. There's just so much more direction than the other platformers of the time - wonderfully designed micro-worlds that you can 100% pretty much your first time through, great controls and nothing about it really seems all that unfair.

Anyone else following Black Friday deals? I’m back on my bullshit and looking to get a PS4 Pro, but no Black Friday deals have popped up for it yet.

If I get the Pro, it looks like I’ll need to get PlayStation Now as well, right? Anything else I should budget for, besides games?

Alternatively, I may get a Switch. Would I need to pay for an online service there?

Switch has an online service, yeah. It covers online play for games, access to a library of NES games and backup saves (though it's opt-in and Nintendo doesn't seem to want to do it for any of their titles that touch multiplayer for fear of save hacking) - it's QUITE a bit cheaper than other services, something like 20-25 dollars for a year.

So I've been playing Hybrid Heaven. Pretty good game, if you can ignore the sillier aspects of the plot.

Definitely the best game where you can powerbomb (sorry, LIFT UP VERTICAL DROP) a giant skinless alien horse thing