General Gaming Thread

TKz

7 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

It is, and you don't need to know anything about Borderlands to love it.

Yep, I have Borderlands 2 but didn't really get into it but the TellTale version was free on Xbox and it was great.

36 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

This seems like the best place to ask this. Wasn't there a console where you could use all the old cartridges like SNES and Genesis and it had an hdmi hookup? I swear I saw it before and that would be something I would be into now but I have no clue where to look

The one I knew of was the Retron 5

https://hyperkin.com/Retron5/

And there's apparently now also the Polymega (which isnt out yet), which is mainly for discs but you can add extra modules so you can play cartridges on it too.

https://www.polymega.com/

• Like 1

Alternatively, there are the Analogue systems which are system specific rather than the catch all ethos of the Retron. Think they're more for the hardcore enthusiast, the Retron is perhaps a little more frowned on since it's emulation based but I imagine it's probably something you wouldn't be fussed about.

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

My buddy actually works at Bioware Edmonton!

Reveal hidden contents

I figured it would be but man I was so discouraged because Bioware is my favorite company and Anthem is so not my thing but at least now I can know they are officially still working on things I do like :D 

The Outer Worlds looks good. Hope it's not a One Exclusive.

• Like 1

That game looks like a very interesting combination of the zany wild west anarcho-capitalist madness of Borderlands mixed with plenty of Fallout, and enough Obsidian/Black Isle references to sink a boat.

I'm very intrigued in what it'll become, especially since this is going to be their first major title since Stick of Truth and New Vegas. They did really well in their lean years with PoE 1/2 and Tyranny, and they're genuinely one of the best companies when it comes to storytelling, so I really am hoping that this title will finally push them into the upper crust as far as respected devs goes.