General Gaming Thread

TKz

It's crazy how much the Spyro and Crash games had the exact same trajectory.

Spyro/Crash 1: Neat platformer that serves as a strong, but somewhat bare bones experience with almost perfect level design from start to finish.
Spyro/Crash 2: Marked improvement on all aspects on the first with some fun gimmicks added in without over-stepping the mark.
Spyro/Crash 3: Almost total mis-step, with an overabundance of bad gimmicks and levels that totally out-stay their welcome.

Yeah, I thought Crash 3 was alright, personally. I've only played it from the remastered trilogy but I had fun with it. Found the games a hell of a lot easier than I did when I played the Crash 1 on PS1, mainly because of save slots and not having to back 3/4 levels every time you died. That sucked.

On 27/11/2018 at 03:51, Josh to the World said:

I’m getting more accustomed to the weapons wheel, but I had to switch to auto-lock. I’m tuuuurrible at free-aiming. Certain things like crouching or getting into cover sometimes happen accidentally or don’t when I need them to. Navigating on a horse or shooting while I’m on one is probably the hardest. I’m also still figuring out if I prefer classic or inverted controls. That one will probably come in time. Perhaps they all will.

I definitely find it easier with inverted controls but as discussed earlier in the thread, it's. Like because I'm an older Player used to style in games like GoldenEye. 

I think most games I usually use whatever the default controls were, but when I tried the broomstick controls in Harry Potter, I had to go inverted. It was just impossible to use otherwise. Not sure if that's just because of the quality of the game, but that's just how it was.

1 hour ago, Jericruise said:

Magicka 2

Can't second this enough, both Magicka 1 and 2 are really great games with lots of charm and witty/silly humour that promotes teamwork and creative thinking in fighting enemies. (always cross the streams!)

And it'll have plenty of frustrated entertainment as you accidentally blow up your mate with an attack, because pretty friendly fire is on by default for maximum insanity.

Personally I like the first title even better, but that was mostly because they somehow managed to combine high fantasy wizarding with Vietnam war movies.

Edited by Jasonmufc