General Gaming Thread

TKz

19 hours ago, Meacon said:

Is there a PC game where you can build, design, and rule a kingdom? Sort of like Banished, I guess but more in a kingdom sense, I guess? Trying to get my wife to play any video games is like trying to pull teeth, and I think a game where she can create and rule a kingdom may be a good shot. 

And I don’t mean something like Age of Empires. Looking for something a little more detailed. But not CK2 detailed. She’d rather hear about my CK2 game than to actually play.

There is a game that was described as The Sims in Medieval times, can't remember the name though.

11 minutes ago, MDK said:

Shut up you parcel.

It pops up on the front page of Steam sometimes. Its called something like The Guild

As someone who has played The Guild I can only say that's it's utter utter jank and it's very much an acquired taste regarding if you can handle with the screwiness to enjoy yourself playing the game. Because seriously, it's one of the buggiest games out there that has still a unique enjoyment factor that no other game really emulates. It being a life simulator with a business management sim added on plus renaissance era politics to mess around with.

Don't bother with The Guild 3 though, that game is just a broken incomplete mess, The Guild 2 is too, but at least it's cheaper and generally better through it having had its full development cycle (and a few mods that fix things that needed fixing)

The creator of Undertale released a sequel/prequel of the series today.... for free.

https://www.deltarune.com/

I'm not sure if it is before or after that game, but apparently it reads the data from Underworld and can tell if you have a 'tainted' genocide run. Sadly, my save data was on an old computer. I'm only a few minutes in, but the music and charm from the first game is still there. 

Edit: Apparently this is just chapter one, but is 2-3 hours long.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ruki said:

The creator of Undertale released a sequel/prequel of the series today.... for free.

https://www.deltarune.com/

I'm not sure if it is before or after that game, but apparently it reads the data from Underworld and can tell if you have a 'tainted' genocide run. Sadly, my save data was on an old computer. I'm only a few minutes in, but the music and charm from the first game is still there. 

Edit: Apparently this is just chapter one, but is 2-3 hours long.

Deltarune is an anagram of Undertale!

Annoyingly I never played the game on PC, having only ever watched LPs before it came to PS4, but I'll absolutely play Deltarune before it gets spoiled for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ollie said:

Deltarune is an anagram of Undertale!

Annoyingly I never played the game on PC, having only ever watched LPs before it came to PS4, but I'll absolutely play Deltarune before it gets spoiled for me.

I'm just at the part where it gets to the battle system, it's an interesting way they changed it up!

So you control Kris and Rawlis or whatever.... and Susie just auto attacks always. So if you're going for a pacifist run, you gotta beat her before she kills the monsters!

Susie though is an enjoyable character!

9 hours ago, Ruki said:

I'm just at the part where it gets to the battle system, it's an interesting way they changed it up!

Reveal hidden contents

Susie though is an enjoyable character!

I can't beat the secret boss :(

If you login to Battle.net between now and November 18th, you get a copy of Destiny 2 for free from Blizzard. Was announced at the BlizzCon opening ceremonies today.

1 hour ago, High Overlord Cloudfang said:

If you login to Battle.net between now and November 18th, you get a copy of Destiny 2 for free from Blizzard. Was announced at the BlizzCon opening ceremonies today.

I doubt I'll play it, but free is free!

I've spent 2 days downloading Destiny 2 and I imagine my experience is going to be *logs in* *shoots a thing* "k." *uninstall* <_<

I only played the first one a very little and have toyed with the 2nd but the fact it was given away free so soon with the PlayStation plus games and now this makes me feel like they're desperate for more players or something? Is it not very good?

I preordered Spyro and Amazon emailed me yesterday saying it would arrive today but it's apparently still at Princess Royal RDC so I guess I'm not getting it today!! Laaaaame. Could've just gone to Cex if I knew it wouldn't arrive in time for release... looking on Amazon now, though, it says it should arrive today by 8pm. Still annoying as I could have just gone out and bought it earlier, but it's better than it arriving tomorrow.

Spyro remaster is lovely! I'd totally forgotten I'd pre-ordered it until Sunday night when it popped up on my PS4 dash. Played the first couple levels this morning and the best compliment I can give it is that it looks exactly like I thought it did when I first played it 20 years ago.

Can't believe this is the game that's made me stop playing Red Dead but fuck me, the nostalgia is delicious.

• Like 1