General Gaming Thread

TKz

Found out today that the fact I invert my controller right at the very start of the game is odd. I cannot play a game in which I use a controller without it being inverted.
Is that uncommon? Because I thought it was the norm.

IIRC I typically invert controls but Stokerina never does (which in years past prompted much amusement on my part if I handed the game back to her). I never had Goldeneye but I did spend a great deal of my formative years playing X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter and other Star Wars flight sim games, so I blame that.

It being generational would explain it. Definitely from the previous group. 

I have a similar situation to stok but with my son. Once he saw me pause RDR before the first cut scene could get started,  he knew why. And verbally rolled his eyes with a big SIIIIIIIGGHHHHH! 😂

I never really had any games where inverting controls would've really had an effect, I think? Usually just stuck to platformers on the PS1 and never used the right stick so it was never something I used. I just got used to playing games without inverting the controls so that's what I grew up with and am now used to...

40 minutes ago, Owen said:

I never really had any games where inverting controls would've really had an effect, I think? Usually just stuck to platformers on the PS1 and never used the right stick so it was never something I used. I just got used to playing games without inverting the controls so that's what I grew up with and am now used to...

I'm similar. I didn't play shooters on consoles, so the Goldeneye factor doesn't apply to me. The only time I can remember having to use inverted controls was on the N. Gin boss battle on Crash Bandicoot 3.

• Like 1

...well that's annoying. Dragon Quest 11, I beat the final boss, credits roll, and then you can continue the game, cool (I assume to mop up side quests)

NOPE. Apparently there is still another 20+ hours of the game left. I can't be bothered to do that. 

3 hours ago, Ruki said:

...well that's annoying. Dragon Quest 11, I beat the final boss, credits roll, and then you can continue the game, cool (I assume to mop up side quests)

NOPE. Apparently there is still another 20+ hours of the game left. I can't be bothered to do that. 

Using the Nier Automata template, I see.

I'm only three hours in - Spiderman and RDR2 have got in the way.

• Like 1

Is there a PC game where you can build, design, and rule a kingdom? Sort of like Banished, I guess but more in a kingdom sense, I guess? Trying to get my wife to play any video games is like trying to pull teeth, and I think a game where she can create and rule a kingdom may be a good shot. 

And I don’t mean something like Age of Empires. Looking for something a little more detailed. But not CK2 detailed. She’d rather hear about my CK2 game than to actually play.

Just finished AC:Rev. Well, I'm going to do the Lost Archive stuff, but then I'll be done.

I have one major gripe and that's how they turned the already video-game-logic'd wanted system and turned it into a Templar Awareness system, where buying properties adds to awareness. And... fighting off ambushes lowers it? And getting stabbed by the ambushes raises it? What the fuck? I can only imagine the Templar meetings.

"We've heard that Ezio Auditore may be in Constantinople. Have your scouts noticed anything?"

"Well... there is this one Italian fellow, who has bought every single storefront in the city."

"Like Ezio did in Roma?"

"He has also taken over all of our outposts one by one."

"Again, like Ezio in Roma."

"I'm not sure. He keeps bribing heralds."

"You're literally describing a series of things Ezio Auditore did."

"But he's only paying them 100 coin, not 500."

"...Hm, maybe it's not him. Set up an ambush to be sure. If he avoids it we know it's not him. After all, Ezio Auditore was not known for being capable of killing dozens of men without issue."

Also the fucking metaplot ends with another cliffhanger and I'm going to have to suffer through Desmond in the next one too am I?

3 hours ago, ORO As Anya As A Bunny said:

Just finished AC:Rev. Well, I'm going to do the Lost Archive stuff, but then I'll be done.

I have one major gripe and that's how they turned the already video-game-logic'd wanted system and turned it into a Templar Awareness system, where buying properties adds to awareness. And... fighting off ambushes lowers it? And getting stabbed by the ambushes raises it? What the fuck? I can only imagine the Templar meetings.

"We've heard that Ezio Auditore may be in Constantinople. Have your scouts noticed anything?"

"Well... there is this one Italian fellow, who has bought every single storefront in the city."

"Like Ezio did in Roma?"

"He has also taken over all of our outposts one by one."

"Again, like Ezio in Roma."

"I'm not sure. He keeps bribing heralds."

"You're literally describing a series of things Ezio Auditore did."

"But he's only paying them 100 coin, not 500."

"...Hm, maybe it's not him. Set up an ambush to be sure. If he avoids it we know it's not him. After all, Ezio Auditore was not known for being capable of killing dozens of men without issue."

Also the fucking metaplot ends with another cliffhanger and I'm going to have to suffer through Desmond in the next one too am I?

I'm fairly sure you're at the point in the series where it seems like the plot's being made up on the fly.

• Haha 1