General Gaming Thread

TKz

17 hours ago, Josh to the World said:

PS4!

The Binding of Isaac and Risk of Rain are great rogue like. I am a believer that Isaac is one of the greatest games ever. Spelunky is also one people recommend but I never connected to. Ditto Enter the Gungeon. Nuclear Throne is a great rogue like but I hear it sucks on PS4. 

The Witness is amazing. Complex puzzle game. 

Shovel Knight is a great take on Mega Man like platformers. I am not a fan.

Super Meat Boy is a super tough platformer. I am not a fan but others are.

Undertale is a bullet hell meets RPG. Great story. 

Broforce is a great contra throwback. 

Pyre is a 3 v 3 basketball monster game. I recommend.

Stardew Valley is a great farming sim. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RPS said:

The Binding of Isaac and Risk of Rain are great rogue like. I am a believer that Isaac is one of the greatest games ever. Spelunky is also one people recommend but I never connected to. Ditto Enter the Gungeon. Nuclear Throne is a great rogue like but I hear it sucks on PS4. 

The Witness is amazing. Complex puzzle game. 

Shovel Knight is a great take on Mega Man like platformers. I am not a fan.

Super Meat Boy is a super tough platformer. I am not a fan but others are.

Undertale is a bullet hell meets RPG. Great story. 

Broforce is a great contra throwback. 

Pyre is a 3 v 3 basketball monster game. I recommend.

Stardew Valley is a great farming sim. 

Witness is a possibility.

The Witness is a phenomenal game that will send you into a downward spiral. It's one of my favourite games ever.

@Josh to the World As far as other fun games to play with someone who's barely picked up a controller...

Jackbox Party Pack! Granted, you'll likely need more than just your girlfriend to get the most out of them, but they're insanely fun party games, anytime we have people over we end up throwing on a Jackbox or two and they're always hilarious.

Overcooked 2! I'd recommend jumping straight into the second one as it tends to be a little more forgiving, but it's super fun. In our house we've renamed it 'Divorce Simulator 2018' because it starts fun and always ends up in a row! But hey, it's worth it just to test how strong your relationship really is.

That's You! It's like Jackbox, but it can be played with just two people and it has a little more pomp and circumstance to it. You'll also find yourself drawing a bunch of penises because that's never not funny.

Worms Battleground! Because if you don't like Worms, you truly are history's greatest monster.

Hitman! Okay, granted this is a strange one to suggest but it's probably the most fun game to watch someone else play. It will also cause arguments as she inevitably yells out things you should have done after you've had the opportunity to do them. 

Until Dawn! Especially if you're a fan of dumb slasher flicks. It's basically an interactive story with no fail state, so if you're shit at video games it doesn't matter! Me and Snowball played it a few Christmases ago with my taking control of the boys and passing her the controller whenever the girls were active. It was a blast, and one of my fondest gaming memories of this generation.

Journey! Pass your lady the controller, sit in stunned silence for 90 minutes and then have a little cry.

Surgeon Simulator! I have never laughed as much as the first time I played multiplayer on this. You control one hand each and then try desperately to perform a heart transplant. You will bond over the masses of corpses left behind.

Life is Strange! Another gameplay light, story focused game that has a really fun mechanic where you can rewind time in order to try desperately not to fuck up over and over again. Also points because the story is queer as fuck and has a bunch of Twin Peaks references.

The Talos Principle! Another first person puzzler akin to The Witness only this one also has a dope story about AI and playing god.

Cities Skylines! Become city planners together and then realize you have to stop playing because now all you talk about is waste management and planning permission legislation in your fake city.

Gone Home! It's my favourite walking simulator ever made. It's better than most movies I've watched. I cried for like 20 minutes!

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! This has recently added a non-VR mode and it's incredibly stressful. One of you has a bomb, the other has the instructions. The instructions aren't very helpful. The bomb will blow up. You will go to bed not friends.

• Like 7

If you entertain a lot or have a lot of guests over Jackbox games are always a riot. You watch Achievement Hunter, so I'm sure you've seen them play Fibbage, etc. Always a fun time. Anytime me and my brother hang out over at my cousin and his family's house we wind up playing with just four of us and still have a great time. 

I'll also echo Until Dawn. It's basically a slasher flick disguised as a video game. 

I’ve thought of a lot of those before, having watched AH play them and playing a bit of two of them myself.

Jackbox will be happening already. That’s a given.

Oh man, Overcooked 2. That would be either brilliant or the worst idea.

Never heard of That’s You. So that’s a maybe!

Life is Strage is one I’ve thought of and could be the perfect choice.

From what I understand of Journey, you may be quite right.

Most of the rest sound like a lot of fun for me, but maybe not for her. Some good shouts though.

Actually, speaking of Life is Strange, are there any other choice based games y’all really dig? I know Telltale has a bunch.

I don't know if it's still glitchy or if it got fixed, but the GoT TellTale game is good. I also like The Walking Dead ones.

Back to the Future is brilliant though it's a pre-TWD one so more of an adventure game.

Speaking of adventure games, the entire TellTale Sam and Max collection is a must-play. Excellent humor and the puzzles will take a ton of trial and error. Play the whole set in order, because there's callbacks a plenty.

15 hours ago, MDK said:

The TellTale Borderlands game is brilliant.

It is, and you don't need to know anything about Borderlands to love it.

• Like 1