General Gaming Thread

TKz

Amiga: Graham Gooch's World Class Cricket
PC: Championship Manager 2 and Grand Prix 2, bought on the same day.
PS1: SmackDown (although I never actually owned a PS1, I just bought this for the PS2)
PS2: The FIFA of that timeframe, probably 07
GB Pocket: Pokémon Red
GB Color: Monopoly. The US version because I bought it in America, which really confused me.
GBA: Tony Hawk Pro Skater
N64: Super Mario 64, they were sold out of GoldenEye bundles.
Gamecube: Mario Kart Double Dash
DS: Pokémon Black
Wii: Wii Sports obviously. But also Madden 08, which did not suit itself to the Wii.
PS3: Grand Theft Auto IV
PS4: Infamous Second Son due to a bundle, DriveClub as a purchase
3DS: Pokémon X
Switch: Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 all at the same time

Playing through Assassin's Creed II from the Ezio Collection on PS4 and I'll be damned if this isn't still one of my favourite games ever. There's a bit of jank as is to be expected from a 9 year old game and it doesn't feel as fluid as it did way back when but fuck it, I still love the story, the setting, the collectibles and the gameplay loop is just so damn satisfying.

Can't wait to go back to Brotherhood as that was the pinnacle of the series for me and middle aged Ezio is probably up there as far as my favourite protagonist is concerned.

I dropped off the series with Revelations, never completed it so never played 3 or any of the others (apart from the first couple hours of Black Flag) but with the news that 3 is getting remastered next year, I'll finally have have a chance to get all up to date.

• Like 3

I'm going to give that "first games" thing a try...but gonna really struggle with some of these. Many will be part of a selection of games, and just going with the first one I remember.

Commodore 64: Rainbow Chaser
Acorn Electron: Questprobe featuring Spider-Man
Sega Master System: Alex Kidd In Miracle World
Sega Mega Drive: Mega Games 1 (Super Hang-On/Columns/World Cup Italia '90)
Sega Game Gear: ...probably Sonic The Hedgehog?
Nintendo Game Boy: Super Mario Land
PC: Genuinely no idea. Skewed by how much I played PC games at a friend's place long before we had one in the house. Possibly Theme Hospital?
PS1: maybe Rayman?
PS2: maybe Metal Gear Solid 2? I really don't know here. Isn't it weird that I remember the really old ones vividly, but this mid-range I'm pretty hopeless...
Nintendo Gamecube: Can't remember at all. Maybe Animal Crossing?
X-Box 360: Sega Mega Drive Collection. Or, for a "proper" game, Fable 2.
Nintendo Wii: Super Smash Bros Brawl
Sega Dreamcast: Got a bunch of games in a job lot. I think Jet Set Radio was the first I played.
Nintendo DS: One of the Pokemons, I think?
Nintendo 3DS: Pokemon X
PS4: UFC 2

1 hour ago, MDK said:

That was built in and dosen't count.

Only one way to settle that. Rock paper scissors.

• Like 6

Off the top of my head:

SNES: Super Mario World
Game Boy: Super Mario Land
PSX: I think Spyro 2?
N64: I want to say it was Donkey Kong 64
Gamecube: Super Smash Bros. Melee
PS2: Grand Theft Auto III
Xbox: I bought it used and got a bunch of my friend's games with it, the only two I immediately remember are Serious Sam and Jet Set Radio Future
Wii: I honestly have no clue aside from the obvious "Wii Sports."
Xbox 360: Viva Pinata
PS3: Infamous
Wii-U: I think Super Mario 3D World?
Xbox One: Sunset Overdrive
PS4: Doom 2016
Switch: Splatoon 2

Not even going to try and sort out the Game Boy games.

I can't answer the question as I cannot remember, so I'll pose a different one. Favorite game from each console/handheld you ever owned. 

• Switch: Into the Breach
  • PS4: Until Dawn 
  • 3DS: Pokemon Sun 
  • WiiU: Super Mario 3D World
  • PS3: Tokyo Jungle
  • Wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Gamecube: Pikmin 2
  • PS2: WWE Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain 
  • N64: Mario 64
  • Sega Saturn: Dragon Force
  • Gameboy: Pokemon Blue
  • SNES: Yoshi's Island
  • NES: Mario 3 
  • PC: The Binding of Isaac 
  • Like 1

On the first game question:

SNES: I wanna say Street Fighter II came bundled with it?
Game Boy: Super Mario Land 1 and 2
PS1: Onside Soccer, I think.
GBA: Honestly can't remember, maybe Fire Pro or the Yoshi's Island port?
Dreamcast: Came bundled with like 5/6 as I recall, including ECW Hardcore Revolution,  Urban Chaos amongst others. Think the first one I bought outside of that was Virtua Striker 2
PS2: Can't fully remember, probably GTAIII
360: Gears of War was the first thing I played, bought PES 6 and Dead Rising at the same time though
DS: New Super Mario Bros
PS3: I think Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction was the first one I played, though I bought Uncharted at the same time. Then Demons Souls within the next week or so which was really what I got the system for
3DS: Came bundled with MK7 and I got Mario 3D Land through a promotion they were running at the time for new purchases
X1: Destiny
PS4: Bloodborne
Vita: Came with a copy of NFS: Most Wanted but first thing I bought for it was the EDF 2017 port.

Favorite on every system owned? Fun times:
PS1: That I remember....Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3. Tarzan, A Bug's Life, and Gran Turismo 2 would be 1A,1B, and 1C on the list.
PS2: Hardest pick by far, so I'm gonna call a many-way tie. GTA San Andreas, Gran Turismo 4, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4/Tony Hawks Underground, Final Fantasy X (the original) and Smackdown SYM/HCTP are the games I'm debating between.
PS3: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD (played the system for all of a few months and is now gathering dust under my bed)
X360: GTA 4, still prefer it to GTA 5.
3DS: Mario Kart 7, by default. System is very rarely played nowdays.
PC: If I HAD to pick an answer, present day me would say Crusader Kings II. Diablo 2 and Sims 2 are the others in the running.

BONUS ROUND: Watched some Rocket Power Team Rocket Rescue LP's and OOOOF it didn't age well at all. Still want to get a copy for emulation reasons.
BONUS ROUND 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Curious about the best place to look for a physical copy of the first Tony Hawks Underground for the PC. Don't wanna go the :shifty: route for obvious reasons.

1 minute ago, RPS said:

you played pc before? 

I completed it on PC a couple years ago. It's the perfect game for podcast listening. 

Favourite games on each console, then... Commodore 64: Bubble Bobble Acorn Electron: Questprobe featuring Spider-Man Sega Master System: Alex Kidd In Miracle World Sega Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 2 Sega Game Gear: Columns Nintendo Game Boy: Tetris PC: Dungeon Keeper PS1: Final Fantasy VII PS2: We Love Katamari Nintendo Gamecube: Super Smash Bros Brawl X-Box 360: Fable 2 Nintendo Wii: The Last Story Sega Dreamcast: Shenmue Nintendo DS: Bowser's Inside Story Nintendo 3DS: Bravely Default PS4: Horizon Zero Dawn (recency bias alert)

On 11/10/2018 at 22:27, The Spooky Luchadore said:

Favorite on every system owned? Fun times:

NES: Hard to say. Excitebike and NES Pro Wrestling come to mind, as does Punch-Out. I'll go with Punch-Out

SNES: Growing up, Killer Instinct. Now, FF6. Link to the Past is up there, though I've never finished it.

Game Boy Brick: Mario Land

N64: Ogre Battle 64. Second: Legend of the Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon.

Game Boy Color: Pokemon Silver.

GBA: Fire Pro Wrestling, obvs. Second place Tony Hawk 2. Didn't have many GBA games, for some reason.

Game Gear: Super Return of the Jedi. Again, didn't have many games for it.

GameCube: Eternal Darkness, easily.

PS2: Persona 4 and Fire Pro Returns pretty much tied.

PS3: Skyrim, unless you count playing the port of Persona 2.

PS4: Persona 5, MGSV is a second place.

PC: Fire Pro World but with Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines as my second place.

Switch: Hyrule Warriors but by default because I'm still playing it and the only other game I've played for the Switch is Mario Kart 8 at Best Buy's demo kiosk.

Favorite games...alright then!

NES: Super Mario Bros 3, hands down.

Genesis: Sonic 2

Gameboy: Pokemon Red/blue

SNES: Final Fantasy 6

N64: Gonna go with Mario Kart

Dreamcast: Powerstone

Gamecube: Smash Bros Melee

Playstation: Final Fantasy 8/9 or MGS

Xbox: KotoR

PS2: Persona 4 or MGS 3

PS3: Valkyria Chronicals