General Gaming Thread

TKz

Not being a fan of traditional racers all that much, are there any good Mario Kart-style racers on Steam?

I played Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 for the first time today. The rigmarole with English translation was a bit of a pain, but it's pretty damn great :)

Also, I completely missed the N64 wrestling game boom as I moved to PS1, but I looked it up and apparently Ultimate Muscle was my first exposure to the AKI engine.

1 hour ago, Tyrone said:

I played Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 for the first time today. The rigmarole with English translation was a bit of a pain, but it's pretty damn great :)

Also, I completely missed the N64 wrestling game boom as I moved to PS1, but I looked it up and apparently Ultimate Muscle was my first exposure to the AKI engine.

WILL HE BE ABLE TO EXECUTE THAT EXTREME TECHNIQUE?!

2 hours ago, Meacxico said:

I don't think I could care less about the character customization, but FORZA is still my favorite racing game. I'm really considering getting a One just to play it, because there's just nothing close to it on the PS4, that I've found. 

This.

Forza is the best. Horizon is a brilliant Arcade spin-off too.

1 minute ago, Jasonmufc said:

You can also check out Table Top Racing, which is kinda in the vein of the classic micro machine games. But it's arcade racey with pick ups, it just lacks the distinct personalities of a Mario Kart or Sonic All-Stars.

@Benji @Stevie B @Walker @Just Joe @Cymbols @Jerazil

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Not being a fan of traditional racers all that much, are there any good Mario Kart-style racers on Steam?

F1 Race Stars is OK. I've also heard good things about BlazeRush.

If you're not strictly looking at racing games, Driver: San Francisco is a surprisingly great driving game. There's a good amount of variety, and the story's stupid in a fun sort of way.

I'm already an unstoppable killing machine in Divinity 2 and now quest givers are giving me skill points like they're Oprah in her last season. If my character gets any more powerful she'll be able to kill enemies in other games.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

F1 Race Stars is OK. I've also heard good things about BlazeRush.

If you're not strictly looking at racing games, Driver: San Francisco is a surprisingly great driving game. There's a good amount of variety, and the story's stupid in a fun sort of way.

Being a guy in a coma who can use his mind to possess vehicles at will to stop crime and track down the bad guy.

Stupid is an understatement 😂

But it's fun tho to find flexible ways to stop crooks. Like zipping between cara and then possessing a fire truck and t-boning the everloving crap out of a getaway vehicle.

5 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Being a guy in a coma who can use his mind to possess vehicles at will to stop crime and track down the bad guy.

Stupid is an understatement 😂

But it's fun tho to find flexible ways to stop crooks. Like zipping between cara and then possessing a fire truck and t-boning the everloving crap out of a getaway vehicle.

Before discovering the glorious GTA series at a friend's house who had GTA III, Driver and Driver 2 were my go-to games. San Francisco is the only Driver game I haven't played.

5 hours ago, KingofHarts_OH said:

Before discovering the glorious GTA series at a friend's house who had GTA III, Driver and Driver 2 were my go-to games. San Francisco is the only Driver game I haven't played.

San Francisco is pretty good, yeah. I haven't played much of it but the little I did play, I enjoyed. But then again, I also enjoyed Driv3r so maybe my opinions are worthless...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Apsham said:

Big update coming on the 24th looks awesome.

😮

I had no idea about that! I just picked it up because it finally dipped down below 20 bucks.