General Gaming Thread

TKz

I put quite a bit of time into the first one based on it was what it was, a cheap first game from a small studio that had an interesting hook in an otherwise played out genre, so I could forgive it being a bit rough around the edges and lacking a bit of depth, in the same way I don't expect Motorsport Manager to have the same depth as Football Manager because one's a first draft and the other is a dynasty. I still got bored of it before I finished it when the gameplay just devolved into 'A settlement needs our help' quests or someone has gone missing and you find them literally fifty metres away from your base, cowering in a shed from one zombie when they're a maxed out badass carrying a machine gun.

Second game is almost literally the same game, they've introduced a plague which is a damage over time mechanic and they're is literally one new enemy type, which has two skins (male and female), bringing the total enemy types to a massive six. Everything else is the same, textures are the same, models are the same, bugs are the same. I even recognised a building from the first game that has been transported wholesale into the second. I literally can't point at what they've been doing for the five years since the first game came out given that looking at their website, they have a massive team of developers who worked solely on this game.

I think if you haven't played the first one, you might enjoy it, but for me, it was nothing I hadn't done before.

I'm playing and enjoying it because I have the game pass and I didn't pay for the game as a whole - it's been long enough since I played the original and I'm a fan enough of some of the minor additions they made, but the game itself has that whole 'stresses you out on purpose' vibe to it that I'm probably not going to stick with for all that long.

My entire purpose for playing Digimon games since I was ten has been achieved.

DeQO7_-VMAQhWph?format=jpg

Let's kick some butt, WarGreymon!

• Like 2

I've always loved Digimon.  I'm one of those that like it more than Pokemon. I think the monster's themselves are just so much cooler and full of personality. The Greymon line  has been my favorite since the start so WarGreymon is my number one goal in a Digimon game.

I've sunk so much time into Digimon World over the years and I wasn't even good at it. I had the shitty(literally) Digimon most of the time and when I did have something good like Angemon or Tyranomon the life cycle mechanic turned them back into babies before I could get too far. I'm glad this game has none of that. 

Yeah, but will they explain how the fuck Col Autumn survives James' sabotage?

I'm just now playing Beyond Two Souls and holy cow, it's great. I think I'm maybe only a quarter of the way in, but I'm loving this. I should have assumed I would since I loved Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain. Not sure why it took me so long to play it, but I'm glad I am. 

5 minutes ago, Pentashám Jr. said:

Almost better to watch the condensed videos that cuts out 70% of the fake enthusiastic executives and bored looking celebrities.

Probably! But where would those end up being posted?