Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, FLiam said:

I saw that Crusader Kings 2 is free to play on Steam so I installed it.

Then I opened up the game and went cross-eyed.

So many icons, so much text, so many words. 

Say goodbye to your sense of morality :shifty: 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, FLiam said:

I saw that Crusader Kings 2 is free to play on Steam so I installed it.

Then I opened up the game and went cross-eyed.

So many icons, so much text, so many words. 

There are some decent Youtube tutorials to help you get used to the game. The in-game tutorial isn't great, so I'd seek them out.

• Like 1

Is it worth playing 2 before working my way onto 3? I think I read that 3 has a better tutorial and UI. 

Also, it’s not turn-based persé is it? More a case of doing your business and then advancing time and things happening? 

Edited by FLiam

17 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Also, it’s not turn-based persé is it? More a case of doing your business and then advancing time and things happening? 

Kinda like this. Can pause to think certain decisions over, but most of the time it's letting time do it's thing and thinking on the fly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After watching a decent amount of YouTube videos, I think more is starting to click. At least most of the core gameplay elements anyway. 

Still trying to wrap my head around all the titles and how they work together though. I have spent most of the time watching people do play through’s in Britain mainly. Africa / Asia look like a whole different level of understanding. 

My initial worry was thinking I needed to keep track of more than I realise I actually need to. Might start up another game where I am an Earl of a small duchy or something and just watch the world burn around me whilst slowly and quietly going about my business.