Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

And now the eldest son, having to cope with the severe trauma of A) His brother trying to kill him B) His father killing said brother and C) His father dying, is now a drunk :shifty: 

• Sad 1

Started as one of Harold’s sons, the Earl of Dorset and having a good time with this play through so far. Have already expanded my realm a fair bit but also died at aged 28.

Ended up giving my grandfather - the former King - the Isle of Wight. Then a number of years later decided to take it from him myself which was fun. 

Slowly making Dorset a much bigger realm, almost all of the South-West of England is under my control.

Edited by FLiam
  • Like 2

Created the Duchy of Wessex again and my character turned out to be a homosexual but it hasn’t stopped me having four kids so far. 

I thought it would mean no kids. Perhaps it means potential for an extra-marital affair with another man? 

Would I be right in saying sending sons off to join the clergy is a good way to get rid of them claiming titles instead of murdering them…?

Edited by FLiam

21 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Created the Duchy of Wessex again and my character turned out to be a homosexual but it hasn’t stopped me having four kids so far. 

I thought it would mean no kids. Perhaps it means potential for an extra-marital affair with another man? 

Would I be right in saying sending sons off to join the clergy is a good way to get rid of them claiming titles instead of murdering them…?

They might get pissy about it depending on their personalities but from what I remember, it's a pretty good way to dissuade things from getting chaotic down the line; and yes, in game, homosexual I think reduces the character's fertility some (like 10% or 15% if I recall right) but doesn't prevent them from having children and extending the family tree

• Like 1

Ok I think I learned my lesson not to expand so quickly. Had way too many unhappy vassals that led to a revolt which I lost a big chunk of land.

The military mechanics still confuse me sometimes, especially when calling in mercenaries. Can I control them or what?

3 hours ago, FLiam said:

Ok I think I learned my lesson not to expand so quickly. Had way too many unhappy vassals that led to a revolt which I lost a big chunk of land.

The military mechanics still confuse me sometimes, especially when calling in mercenaries. Can I control them or what?

Yes, mercenaries come under your direct command. When you buy them they, they pop-up in your capital typically with no morale and take a bit to get ready for battle. They do take up a chunk of change though with their monthly bill so either make sure you can handle the cost or that you can win the war before you go into debt. Otherwise if they do get paid well uh...let's say that they will get paid! 

5 hours ago, FLiam said:

Alternatively,  you could go for North Korea mode, which is best described as: 

5k2l4e.jpg

Basically, every title you personally own.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Crusader Kings 3 just got rated for consoles. The thought of using a controller to navigate all the menus would give me nightmares.

I tried playing CK2 using my steam link on my TV and it was pretty rough

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...