Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

6 hours ago, MadJack said:

Yes - also AI vikings are overpowered to fuck and end up holding counties in Spain and Italy within a century of game start.

I never really liked the pre-1066 starts in CK2 because things became a bit too weird and I'm a boring bastard who basically wants my limitless ahistorical fantasy to be as historical as possible. Think I'll avoid 867 on CK3 for similar reasons.

Edited by metalman

51 minutes ago, metalman said:

I never really liked the pre-1066 starts in CK2 because things became a bit too weird and I'm a boring bastard who basically wants my limitless ahistorical fantasy to be as historical as possible. Think I'll avoid 867 on CK3 for similar reasons.

>implying that a Greek woman being the first Empress of Britannia is ahistorical :angry: :shifty:

8 hours ago, metalman said:

There's a mod that basically limits their invasion CB to neighbouring provinces only, but I kinda feel like that goes too far in the other direction.

My first try at the game saw me playing as a single county in Ireland in 867, and within the first 10 years I was the only Irish leader left. The King Of Sweden had swallowed up half of Ireland and a chunk of England, and I was only able to survive by having a ton of kids and marrying them off for alliances. It was fun but frustrating.

I followed on from the tutorial too and ended up becoming King of Ireland, before being usurped by by half-sister and left only in charge of a few counties. She promptly lost Ulster to Scotland, and I took back the rest of the bottom half of the country because my half-sister didn't care to support her own coup allies. 

Might try a game elsewhere in the world. I remember trying one on CK2 as Iceland... it didn't go to plan. 

On 15/09/2020 at 10:48, DFF said:

I followed on from the tutorial too and ended up becoming King of Ireland, before being usurped by by half-sister and left only in charge of a few counties. She promptly lost Ulster to Scotland, and I took back the rest of the bottom half of the country because my half-sister didn't care to support her own coup allies. 

Might try a game elsewhere in the world. I remember trying one on CK2 as Iceland... it didn't go to plan. 

Playing at the bottom of the map in Africa is a bit of a free-for-all and can be a lot of fun!

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2020 at 00:45, E X P A N D said:

GxUu1hzh.jpg

Her daddy fucked my (now dead) wife. Fairly sure betrothing myself to his daughter is extraordinarily petty revenge in comparison.

Even when doing Alternate History America, you still keep doing ASOIAF shit.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...