Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

1 hour ago, Mick said:

Sweet. I'm surprised there was any shit from the Greyjoys or Lannisters. Did Jamie and Cersei have any kids? :shifty: 

Officially speaking, no Jaime and Cersei went childless. However, the charinfo console command reveals they did have one. Officially, Carmella Baratheon (293-310 AC) was the third child, second daughter, and last child of Bobby B and Cersei to be born alive. (They would have a third daughter Aelinor eleven years after Carmella's birth). Gave her to the faith because of her inbred-ness, died comatose a month or so before her 17th nameday

Greyjoys didn't give me grief after Theon rebelled and the kingsmoot returned. Nowdays there's only two of them left, both women, one of whom is well beyond childbearing age and childless.
Lannisters will likely start shit again provided I continue this save, did this game as a test run for a Cube game I swear I'm working on. I mean, I kinda executed/dishonorably duelled the current Lady Paramount's father, mother, step-mother, brother, and a cousin.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/06/2020 at 00:25, James Yeetus said:

SAD Maegor, NO STAMINA

Alternate timeline Axel I Baratheon has even less stamina:

HGA4ZdC.jpg

TL;DR:

• Stannis "not the Mannis" drunk himself to death in 385 a month after he held a tourney to celebrate his 25th year as King.
  • Wasn't too long before Tybolt Lannister tried to install Axel's great-aunt Isla as Queen. Near-three year long rebellion included the Vale and the Stormlands. No particular grudge against Tybolt, so banished him to the Wall.
  • The Great Sickness would return in 394, beginning it spread in Yronwood. Wouldn't dissipate fully until 398. Wiped out Axel's sister Jocelyn and her two sons within two months. Still recovering nearly a decade later.
  • Then-LP of the Trident Alesander Tully would refuse a command to stand down his private war, imprisonment failed, war of supposed tyranny followed. The North and Dorne (and I think some minor Crownland lords) would join in. Won, Alesander would escape banishment to the Wall, Mallisters now control the Riverlands.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way I can just let this game play out on its own and just see what happens, rather than control a character?

Alternatively, is there an easy way to learn how to play this game? There is just so much going on and I have no idea where to start.

27 minutes ago, Regia said:

Is there a way I can just let this game play out on its own and just see what happens, rather than control a character?

Alternatively, is there an easy way to learn how to play this game? There is just so much going on and I have no idea where to start.

Watcher mode: Non-ironman games, there is an unofficial way. Press the ' key (or your region's equivalent) to open the console command prompt, type in observe/then enter, and the game's playing itself. To play as someone afterwards, type charinfo, which'll bring up much more detailed info about characters you highlight over. Make a note of any landed person you can play as (depending on DLC, theocracies are unplayable without modding), pick someone, type in play <character id#>.

As for good places to start, I learned on eariler patches and barely play non-GOT/ATE FF games, so my advice might not be current; with that in mind, 1066 Poland was where I learned the basics:

• Holy Roman Empire will more or less leave you be, although feel free to swear fealty to them and conquer from within.
  • Pagan neighbors to your north amd northeast, so proper holy war timing.
  • Starting dude (Boleslaw the Bold) is pretty freaking competent at warfare and reasonably young. (mid 20's IIRC)

Barring that, same time period but Ireland.

As for amount of time to get how to play? Started with no experience in the genre, ~30 hours to not suck.

• Like 1

Plus you get to say BOLESLAW IS READYYYYYYYYYYY

I actually learned by diving right into it, playing as William of Normandy, abandoning the conquest and instead trying to ascend to the French throne (This didn't happen, BUT I managed to make Normandy independent of France)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, giving a regular game a shot for a change. 

Started as Venice, 769. Making boatloads of cash, and as my first leader, Serene Doge Cassio Andolini, took the seducation focus banging anything he could to increase the number of sons and thus, trade posts. When possible, I'm legitimizing all my kids. 

After Cassio dies, Angelo, his genius son, takes over and does the Doge's duty of banging what he can. But some of those daliances produced an interesting scenario. 

Angelo's nephew Merigo (a slow, lustful monk with no lover and no bastards, mid 40s) had a Karling for a mother. So, he has a claim on the Kingdom of Austrasia (most of France plus the Netherlands and Belgium, and some parts of western Germany), and I press it, and it's a pretty easy war. Boom. Now we have a kingdom. He marries one of my....cousins? Family members? I don't know at this point, I'm not sure how people are related anymore (and it's only going to get worse :shifty: ). Okay, she's my niece and also the bastard daughter of the pope (second oldest brother). Knocks her up and dies, and now she's engaged to a Byzantine prince :pervert: . 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, apsham said:

GamePass too I believe.

It is indeed. In the space of a month, we've had day one releases for Microsoft Flight Simulator, Battletoads, Spiritfarer, Tell Me Why, Wasteland 3 and now Crusader Kings 3 on Game Pass. I've gone from someone who almost never gets games at release to someone who can't keep up with the flurry of shiny new things.

Just now, Bobfoc said:

It is indeed. In the space of a month, we've had day one releases for Microsoft Flight Simulator, Battletoads, Spiritfarer, Tell Me Why, Wasteland 3 and now Crusader Kings 3 on Game Pass. I've gone from someone who almost never gets games at release to someone who can't keep up with the flurry of shiny new things.

Yup. I'm still trying to get through Yakuza Kiwami 2!

• Like 1

0E2OVHdh.jpg

(TL;DR: Dance of the Dragons, ran the observe command for the duration of the war with the intent to play as the winner. Aegon II got punked out a few months in, Rhaenyra was murdered by Criston Cole, war ended up following the books in the sense of the Greens tactically winning the war but one of the Blacks ending up on the throne)

Jace Targaryen/Velaryon/Strong/Waters is quietly one of my favorite rulers recently.
Married to his cousin/step-sister Rhaena, he has produced eight children to date:

• Alyssa, Lady of Dragonstone and current heir, 21. Married to Doran Dalt, their children to date:
    -Rhaelinor, 7
    -Elaena, 3
    -Daeron, 2
  • Leyasa, 20, married to Cregan Stark, their children to date:
    -Artos, 5
    -Lyanna, 3
  • Vaena, a silent sister, 17
  • Aerea, 13, betrothed to Joron Umber, Lord of Last Hearth
  • Cyeana, 9
  • Baelor, 8
  • Daemon, 6
  • Maegelle, 4

1 hour ago, E X P A N D said:

0E2OVHdh.jpg

(TL;DR: Dance of the Dragons, ran the observe command for the duration of the war with the intent to play as the winner. Aegon II got punked out a few months in, Rhaenyra was murdered by Criston Cole, war ended up following the books in the sense of the Greens tactically winning the war but one of the Blacks ending up on the throne)

Jace Targaryen/Velaryon/Strong/Waters is quietly one of my favorite rulers recently.
Married to his cousin/step-sister Rhaena, he has produced eight children to date:

• Alyssa, Lady of Dragonstone and current heir, 21. Married to Doran Dalt, their children to date:
    -Rhaelinor, 7
    -Elaena, 3
    -Daeron, 2
  • Leyasa, 20, married to Cregan Stark, their children to date:
    -Artos, 5
    -Lyanna, 3
  • Vaena, a silent sister, 17
  • Aerea, 13, betrothed to Joron Umber, Lord of Last Hearth
  • Cyeana, 9
  • Baelor, 8
  • Daemon, 6
  • Maegelle, 4